Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 17-Jul-2011, 19:36
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Pembrey.

Just got back from Pembrey and a great weekends racing, hope everyone else arrived home safely.

What can i say, a great weekend, looked a little ominouse saturday morniing when i arrived grey skys and raining, never having been to pembrey before setting off in the practice session was a little nerve racking, but even in the wet there seemed to be plenty of grip, with clearing skys and drying track i headed off for qualy ending up on row three of the grid, the sun came out and dried the track up nicely for the first race, a good start and i was into the first corner chasing as hard as i could actualy coming over the line for the first time in 6th place, however as tires warmed the faster riders were soon passing me but i stuck in there with my best lap of 1.11.743 coming over the line in front of Kev Ellis to take 10th in class 14th overall, i was pleased with that. No fallers and great racing, congrats to the trophy winners.

Sunday started damp but soon dried up as the sun came out once again, it was a little colder but a dry track and everyone in good spirits.

race two warm up lap saw one unlucky rider going down on the first left hander but i shall mention no names Again i got a reasonable start off the line and was holding my own, Andy Challis soon came round hard on the heels of Neil Appleby and we were three abreast going into the right hander on the back straight, Andy was feeling a little tired so took the opertunity to park his bike on mine and let me carry him round the corner it was a bit of a butt clenching moment and he got off with some of my rubber on his leathers as a momento

I soon was having my own race for 9th place with David Jenkins and it was great fun deciding where to pass him and how to block him coming back past we made a few moves on each other and i managed to get over the line just infront to take 9th in class and 13th over all with my fastest lap of 1.11.304 so a slight improvement on the first race, now i feel i have my starts right i need to concentrate on carrying more speed into and out of the corners.

All in all a great weekends racing and once again thanks to Chris and Cathy for spannering, pit boarding, coffee making etc etc and congrats once again to all trophy winners.

Paul.