Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Oct-2006, 10:18
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
If you're very, very, very brave (or want people to think that you are ) you'll need corsas. If your honest, you'll probably never ride fast enough on the road, or the track come to that, to give the standard diablos any serious trouble.

I'm not the quickest rider out there but I do ride enthusiastically on the road and usually manage to lurk around in mid-pack of the fast group on trackdays. Standard Diablos have taken all the pasting I can give them and sneered "Pah, is that all you've got" back at me, with only the gentlest of predictable slides.

Remember that people racing SS bikes in DesmoDue also use standard Diablos.

(Ooops, did I just break the voluntary DD posting amnesty )

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 22-Oct-2006, 11:30
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Red Duc, just noticed your location is also Oxford, is yours the bike I have seen over Fox's lately, if so we will have to meet up for a chat.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 22-Oct-2006, 14:45
888 at Last !!!

but first choose whether to have a 170 or 180 section rear tyre. 170 is the standard but some choose a 180. Search the board to see what people say and I think the general concensus was 170 was better for turn in.

The reason I mention that is the 170 section tyre limits your tyre choice. Most of the top sporty rubber does not come in 170. I have Pirelli Diablo (normal road) and they seem to be very good. If you have a squared off 180 section tyre then swopping to any new 170 section tyre will be an big improvement for turn in.
Old 22-Oct-2006, 20:54
Mille

Skidlids
Not sure if it was my bike you saw, have been there a couple of times but not stopped for long, be good to have a meet up some time though
Old 15-Nov-2006, 21:42

Mood: moody!
Riding Position

I have just brought a Ducati 620 Sport (03 model). I think that this is very similar to the SS but may be put right on that! I find the riding position very agressive and after an hour of riding my lower back aches. I am in my mid thirties so i dont need any comments about being too old for this sort of bike!

My question is about bar adjustment. I have seen that the bars can be adjusted by loosening the clamp bolts and rotating but this thread mentions height adjustment, how do you do that?

Thanks in advance!
Old 15-Nov-2006, 22:27
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

The older bikes have can have an extended clip-on type affair which offers some adjustment for moving them down the forks...

There are afew options now for raising bar height mainly either a raised clip-on or fittings to allow a complete single bar to be fitted above the top yoke.

Cheers - Frank
Old 15-Nov-2006, 22:54
Mille

Mood: 1st,start to finish
On your 620 the clip on bars are mounted above the top yoke as on my 900ssie.
Red-duc is talking about the earlier ss carb bikes like my 583 race bike which have the clip ons below the top yoke so these can be slid up and down the fork legs to some degree.
The 620 bars have a higher down angle than the carb bike bars. The whole riding posistion of the injected bikes is more aggressive. The carb bars are very tame and did not feel at all sporty.
For my race bike i ended up with a very low seat height in direct opposite to everyone else in the paddock,but with higher footpegs and standard carb bars cut and shut to the same angle as injected bars. This throws me along way forward and i run them fairly wide for leverage. It is however pretty bleeding uncomfortable for any length of time over your average race/track session. It does appear to work though, and you have less distance to fall when you fall off!
The 900 road bike feels like a limo afterwards. Wrist ache sets in after about a hour but you soon get use to it.I have ridden 1500 mile in 4 days on it without much problem so give it a bit of time before altering anything.
Some of the 620 race boys have tried moving the standard bars below the top yoke but i am not sure how that would feel but would certainly not help your back.
Old 16-Nov-2006, 22:50

Mood: moody!
Thanks for advice. I take on board that i need to give it more time to adjust to the riding position (previous bike was a ZX6R, very different beast).

If anything i would like to raise the bars slightly, can you advise on any links to kits available for this or more info on how i would be able to do it if i cannot get on with the standard set up?