Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 18-Oct-2004, 13:12
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
I had the same problem with goods shipped from Germany - I specifically requested insurance that included a tracking number so I could trace where it was.

Nothing turned up in 10 days, so I contacted the guy and he said he'd sent them but wasn't given a tracking number with the service he'd used. He said to wait some more, so I did. Then he didn't return my emails.

I filed a complaint with Paypal and had the money back the next day.

As with you Kev, I'd rather have had the parts than the money back
Old 18-Oct-2004, 13:21
Mille

Mood: building the beast

Cant say fairer than that can you.
Old 18-Oct-2004, 20:33
Big Twin

Nice one from Jason at Section8Superbike. That's the kind of commitment that keeps people going back.

And we all know Kev's honest enough to cough up if the parts do arrive later.
Old 20-Oct-2004, 01:26
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I would like to thank Jason at Section 8 Superbikes, he has been true to his word and given me a full refund, I accept that he did not have to do this as the loss of the package is down to the courier and if it ever does turn up I will repay him the money, (its been 82 days so far)

But he has done it as he has a policy of "taking care" of any and all customer complaint situations no matter who's responsibility.

I was quite prepared to try some of the other suggested methods to recover some of my loss but Jason has been really decent about the matter and it can now be put to bed.

Important lesson from this is that

1. Section 8 Superbike is a reputable business, which is more than can be said for USPS couriers.

2. Either pay out for insurance or request a service with a trackback system

You may ask why I didn't follow point 2, well mainly because of point 1, I have had a exhaust system before from Jason and it was shipped with insurance cover that had been included in the original shipping costs without me having to request it.
And in case anybody noticed yes it was a section 8 superbike T-shirt I was wearing at Cadwell at the Track Attack 2 trackday

So thanks again for the refund Jason

Kev
Old 20-Oct-2004, 10:51
500SD

Mood: Must fix Superlight... Must fix Superlight...
Just a point USPS isn't a courier service it's the United States Postal Service. How much do you trust the Royal Mail...? USPS also offer a tracked service. It's called Global Express Mail or something similar. It's the service Chris Kelley at California Cycleworks uses.

Also with the USPS/Royal Mail handling the package you stand a fair chance of avoiding customs duties. With a dedicated courier service UPS, Fed Ex etc you have no chance as they collect the charges on behalf of customs and then add their own profit on top... Swings and roundabouts I s'ppose...

It's good of Jason at Section 8 to refund your money but at the end of the day he's in a no-win situation. As you didn't receive the goods he either refunds and gains customer goodwill or he gets a paypal/credit card chargeback and probably charges on top.

Darren