Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 16-Oct-2004, 11:59
Mille

I placed an order with a USA based motorcycle shop via e-bay. I payed extra to use UPS Express, the exhaust system was delivered to me within 3 days upon placing the order.

Can't expect any better service than that, can you
Old 16-Oct-2004, 23:48
500SD

Mood: Come on spring!!!
us

I have bought a fair few items from the states,
Mpstly from Dan Edwardson. Got a pair of Marchesini 5 spokes which we arranged to send by sea, they took 9 weeks, but were perfect when arrived, But the other parts have all benn here within in a week - 10 days
Old 17-Oct-2004, 01:45
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Yep had a few bits off Dan myself and as mentioned they can take a while to arrive which is why I didn't chase/hassle the other sellers as the bits from Dan have always turned up and just as he discribed.

Then again Dan does ship a lot to the UK, he shipped Kosinskis EX championship winning TZ250 to his mate in Peterborough and with a frame from my mate in Peterborough is now road registered.
Old 17-Oct-2004, 03:21
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

All, if I can be of any assistance from the US end, send me a U2U.
Old 17-Oct-2004, 21:39
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Exactly as Jools states, if you pay by credit card but never get the item you can claim against 'Non-Receipt of Goods'. It's a purchase clause that credit card companies are legally obliged to include as part of the distance selling/purchasing regs.

I'm not sure how long you get to claim, but I've got money back for a camera from ebay that never turned up, and cash that never came out of a cash machine. One was in 2001 and t'other in 2003, but I doubt much has changed since then.

Approach Paypal first and then your CC issuer. If they give you any grief go straight to their complaints manager.

Good luck!

Ali
Old 17-Oct-2004, 22:22
MotoGP God

Cheers Guys I'm currently going down the official Ebay route at the moment,
The parts from ducatifreak in Australia were paid for on my Tesco Visa card so I will look into there policy.
The bit from Section 8 Superbike was paid for on my Lloyds TSB direcet debit/visa card so will have to look in to there terms and conditions.
But to be honest I would much rather have the bits.

Kev
Old 18-Oct-2004, 00:53
Big Twin

I've bought from section8superbike via ebay and the stuff arrived within 14 days. I get a lot of stuff from the US (not all bike) and 2 weeks is about typical.

If you use paypal to pay, just follow their resolution procedure (it's on the menu at the top Resolution Centre).

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/we...complaint-view

As far as PayPal are concerned, if the sender cannot show tracking / delivery details, so then they cannot prove it was delivered (or a delivery attempt was made) so you get refunded. They claim it will take 30 days, but I've found in the past it takes about 7. Essentially, they take the money back on your behalf, sort it out, and refund you if needed.

Section8superbike's T's&C's have an overseas shipping clause, but don't worry as paypal don't accept these clauses, as far as they're concerned the seller is responsible to track and insure. So file a claim, wait a month and you get your cash back.

It could be they're held up at customs, but 2 weeks is my limit before chasing.
Old 18-Oct-2004, 01:07
MotoGP God

Tried the held at customs route without any luck and I was a bit woried by the section 8 superbike shipping clause, but there invoice stated "Postal Insurance (not offered)".
I find it strange that people will send goods that have been paid for without using a tracking number. Its no better than me giving a package to someone out in the street along with postage money and tell them "see that gets to the address on the label". And the I could refer to the item as sent.
With Paypal they get there money without risk, as a buyer I would like to get my goods the same way.
Old 18-Oct-2004, 10:31
Big Twin

Just file a dispute with Paypal, you'll get the the money back as Section8 have no tracking details, and can't prove if an attempt at delivery has been made.

Jason
Old 18-Oct-2004, 12:52

skidlids

I am aware of your problem and I apreciate that you want your stuff (I know I do not like waiting for my toys either)

I would like to explain things from our point of veiw also.
As I see above you have read our disclaimer. We did not producae this disclaimer to avoid responsibility by any means. But what we do need is for people to understand our posistion. We feel that we can't be responsibl;e for the shipper. How could we? We have no control over them or their policies. International shipping is risky by nature, therefore we wish to share the burden with the purchaser. I have also had you waiting for this period of time because I have seen packages take 90 days to get to their destination.

We are not in the habbit of recieving bad feedback (take a look). I also think it is irresponsible for you to hold us accountable for international shipping when we have gone out of our way to clearly explain our posistion in our disclaimer. Did you read them before you made your purchase? Additionaly the reason we ship small packages through Letter Post and therefore can not get a tracking number is to save the consumer money. Apparently this is a bad idea, we will now be shipping all of our stuff Parcel Post....and charging a higher rate.

But in conclusion, we will refund all of your money. I just want to go on record saying that we clearly stated in our poilicies that the risk is 100% yours, not ours. The only reson we will be rufunding your money is that we also have a policy of "taking care" of any and all customer complaint situations no matter who's responsibility.

email me your Paypal information and the transaction details to jason@section8superbike.com and I will Paypal your money right away.