Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 06-Aug-2003, 14:11

Mood: Psycopathic
Tech-moto Exhaust Baffles for Termis

Just done another track day at Goodwood and as you may know there are VERY strict on the amount of noise you can produce - the limit is 105dB at the standard 1m (or so) distance. They're plugged into the local authrity offices too apparently, so if you exceed that on the track, you get pulled off it pronto.

Anyway, last time I had to fit my standard cans but this time I bought some tech-moto baffles that slot into my 45mm termis and reduce the noise. A complete result - take about 3 mins to fit, if that, and they restrict to 103dB at 8,500rpm on a 998BP. The bike ran perfectly and sounded fantastic at the end of the day when I removed them and rode home.

Just thought you'd like to know.....

Harry S

[Edited on 6-8-2003 by HTB]
Old 06-Aug-2003, 14:19
Big Twin

How do they stay in place? Do you have do drill the exhaust tips?
Old 06-Aug-2003, 15:08

Mood: Psycopathic
You don't have to as you can clamp them with the bolt inside out, but I did because I figured I'd be riding the nuts off the bike and didn't want to loose one and set fire to the track side grass. You hardly notice the holes as it's inly an M5 allen bolt.
Old 06-Aug-2003, 15:34
Big Twin

Mood: :devil:
I was thinking of getting some of these for the odd time I might need to get below a noise limit but they don't make them for my 54's
Old 06-Aug-2003, 16:33
Ducati Corse

What do they do to the fueling Harry? Must be running rich with the increased back pressure I'd have thought. H
Old 06-Aug-2003, 19:14
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
i have a pair i bought from someone here, and never fitted them, because my termi's are oval and not round. so if anyone wants them £40
Old 06-Aug-2003, 19:14
500SD

Mood: mmmm....yellow!
Got any pics/links?
Old 06-Aug-2003, 19:27
Mille
Bikes: Ducati 996R and MV Agusta F4 1000R

I've had a set for about six months now, I only got them for track days but decided to give them a bit of run to check the effect on the performance. I ran the bike with the baffles in for about 2 weeks and covered approx. 500 miles. They didn't seem to change the characteristics of the engine.

Agree with henners it must run rich but I don't think it does any harm if you use them just for track days with low db limits.
Old 06-Aug-2003, 22:22
Mille

CRM - you bought them off me!!! Sorry they didn't fit and hope you get to pass them on to somebody else.

Henners, I'm sure it ran a little rich, but maybe the CPU took care of it, I'm not sure. Previously I ran my 748 on the standard cans for a trackday with the Termi chip and my Ducati dealer told me it would be absolutely fine - and I didn't have any problems then either. It a bit annoying that you spend a fortune on cans (apart from you H, obviously) and you have to take them off for a quick blat around a race track.

Bearing in mind that I was up for a little spirited riding, I still got 113 miles out of a full tank before the light came on - normally I get 127 to 130...

Harry S / HTB
Old 07-Aug-2003, 23:25
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
CRM, what diameter are they mate cause they may fit in the Ducati Performance cans on my ST4S.

John