Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 21-Jul-2006, 06:22
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
Thanx Gaz
Old 21-Jul-2006, 09:31
500SD

Mood: Smiles
I didn't know Nine Lives moved to farnborough i've been sending people to Guildford too, but they are good.

Last time i spoke to a suit manufacturer about a suit bursting, they just said all crashes are different and nobody can guarantee whatever leather suit you are wearing not coming apart or wearing through - even kangaroo, I've seen a torn right through kangaroo suit by arleness that was high speed crash at the 'ring'

they will not guarantee it, esp at high speeds. - (?) What about the racers for WSB/BSB and GP's then? do they say that to them?
Old 21-Jul-2006, 11:01
Mille
Bikes: ST4S

Mood: Finally gotten over the 748R getting stolen thing. Actually, no i haven't !
I paid the same amount for a tailor made set of Crowtree's as i would have for a set of Dainese. I'll leave you to guess why that might be.
They did not suffer at all whan i had a small off recently at Brands either.
Old 21-Jul-2006, 13:00
WSB Hero

I've seen some well dodgy seams inside Dainese suits , espesially where the elasticated rear sections are attatched to the main torso.
As Keith says i'm much more impressed with the quality and value of a hand made suit. If i am going to go down the road i know what i'd prefer to be wearing.
Nine lives also make taylor made suits. They made their first ever ladies one piece for my wife .
Old 21-Jul-2006, 16:17
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogalman
I've seen some well dodgy seams inside Dainese suits , espesially where the elasticated rear sections are attatched to the main torso.
As Keith says i'm much more impressed with the quality and value of a hand made suit. If i am going to go down the road i know what i'd prefer to be wearing.
Nine lives also make taylor made suits. They made their first ever ladies one piece for my wife .

that's interesting. I have a ducati dainese suit and i've just had mine repaired from stitching coming away, it's amazing really cos officially it's a £879.00 suit! i agree their fit is ever so nice, but i'm not sure their quality is any better than a £299.99 RST suit for instance! Especially when they make you buy separate back protection and some jackets even cheap ones have them built in!
Old 21-Jul-2006, 18:04
WSB Hero

Mel.. probably made in the same pakistan sweat house. Maybe even in china nowadays. Most of the manufacturers contract the suits to the developing 3rd world. Labour is cheap there. Thats why there is usually in excess of 100% mark up from wholesaler to retail point of sale.
Old 22-Jul-2006, 09:16
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogalman
Mel.. probably made in the same pakistan sweat house. Maybe even in china nowadays. Most of the manufacturers contract the suits to the developing 3rd world. Labour is cheap there. Thats why there is usually in excess of 100% mark up from wholesaler to retail point of sale.

Yeah maybe, but the mark up bit isn't right, well not for this shop anyway, i work in a shop - and clothes in high street maybe be 100% mark up (like NEXT) but bike shops we're lucky to get a 3rd on it, and that's if you lucky. Suzuki gear for instance isn't worth us selling, all that ducati london south stuff is worth selling cos we bid for it cheap when they went bust, and we can sell it cheap to customers so they know they're getting a bargain, but we can still stay afloat at the same time.

But it's amazing how some stuff should not be that expensive if it WAS made in China!
Old 23-Jul-2006, 21:34
500SD
Bikes: CBR 600F2-(Ishikawa), Blade RRS-(Baba San), 996s-(Tambo), 996R-(Tambo), MV f1000 312-Tambo

Mood: I like my bike
Thanks. I live in Denmark so Guidlford or Farnborough are unreachable. They likely split because of the combination of height and length of time on my butt I guess. However for the price I think it is pretty ****.
Thanks for the advice though.