Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 13-Aug-2004, 11:24
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Has anyone here seen Guido?

If anyone is likely to see or have contact with Guido, can you ask him to contact me urgently? Have called all the number I have but can;t get hold of him.

There is some confusion over his place at Cadwell. originally he was letting me have the place as his bike wouldn't be fixed, then he was going to take the place after all, and now having just spoken to No Limits to try to get a place, they say his place has gone to someone called John Williams. This could be me, but I need to know urgently.

Or if you know of any places going? This is going to be my last ever run on the 996 and I'm desperate to get on.

Old 13-Aug-2004, 12:37
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Just spoke to him and he'll get in touch with this afternoon.
Old 13-Aug-2004, 13:32
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
I believe Guy has already sold his place. Give Mark a call on 01727 899173. I can't promise we have any room, last I heard we were full.

WeeJohnyB
Old 13-Aug-2004, 18:09
BSB Star

Felix, you are wrong. Guido is NOT going to be in touch because he's done the dirty and sold his place to someone else after giving me a cock and bull story about getting his engine re-built in time.

Do I feel stuffed or what! Thanks Guido, you knew this was going to be my last opportunity to get out on the bike before I sold it and gave up. You were under no obligation to sell your place to me, but you could at least have been honest with me. I'm a big boy now, I can take bad news, it's nasty surprises from people who I trust that really get to me.

Thanks mate, I owe you one.
Old 13-Aug-2004, 19:05
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
John I'm John Williams. I was the first to ask Guy for his place. But I asked if he could hold on to it till a bit nearer the day. I was not sure my bike would be ready. I don't know if its feasible, but could we share the place if you want to and with No Limits permission.
Old 13-Aug-2004, 19:30
BSB Star

Jon, that is a thoroughly decent and gentlemanly thing to offer and I'm touched. This is in no way any of your doing, and in fact if Guido had told me he was "holding" for you, I would have been quite happy to take my chances. It was the way he implied that I could have it and then spun me a tale about doing the day himself that upset me.

Am still trying desperately to get a place, and will probably even take the chance and drive over on the on chance there will be drop-outs. Really appreciate your offer Jon, but I wouldn't take the pleasure away from you - unless of course you stuff it again - and if you do, can I have the radial set-up for my new project. Ever seen radial brakes on a Trinidad? The winged variety! Thanks again Jon, you're a gent.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit