Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 08-Sep-2004, 21:56
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Quote:
Originally posted by kwikbitch
I WILL NEVER GIVE UP!

Glad I'm not the only one Lisa
Old 08-Sep-2004, 23:17
Big Twin

Mood: My K5 Rocks !!!!
I must be SICK..... I love the danger !! All ads to the buzz
Old 08-Sep-2004, 23:26
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
Quote:
Originally posted by dave w
I must be SICK..... I love the danger !! All ads to the buzz

Nah...we all are attention seeking,adrenalin junkies in some form or another...

(or is that just me?)
Old 08-Sep-2004, 23:42
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally posted by psychlist
No!

I'll 2nd that

Yes the roads are more crowded than they were twenty years ago, but even then there was always the chance of rounding a bend to find a slow moving tractor or broken down car.
Luckily these days I ride a more powerful bike so overtaking is easier with less time spent on the wrong side of the road.

Many of the lads I have raced with over the years have given up road riding, I can't see why I see road riding as a discipline just like racing is but patience and awareness play a bigger part.
Old 09-Sep-2004, 00:32
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
I nearly gave it up 3 years ago when I was hit from behind by a drunken pikey-who then did a runner-but I love it too much to do it. I know I would miss the roads particularly since I like to do the odd long trip-which is why my ST has 21,000 miles on it in 3 years-in fact it was actually 18,000 in 2 years since I haven't ridden it much this year.
If you notice my tagline it says "Growing old Disgracefully" well that's me, and I intend to do it on my bike.

John
Old 09-Sep-2004, 09:46
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

I'll second that, Monty is a disgraceful old perv.
Old 09-Sep-2004, 10:52
Mille

I'm in the Yeti camp on this one.

I gave up riding on the road earlier this year too. Sure I miss having a road bike to jump onto when the weathers great but mile for mile I get much more enjoyment from trackdays now on the 999.

I felt the plod/god risk was getting too great - or too great for me now anyway.

I had to take the 999 in for the oil cooler recall earlier this year - stuck all the lights back on etc - rode to the dealer and home again and hated every minute of it.

Endless clutch slipping at low speed in the traffic - dodging the carefully placed obstructions on the roads courtesy of the highway authorities, ever watching all the other road users and anticipating their next move, joining a major road from a slip road, looked down at the clock - 100mph. No thanks not for me anymore - not on my type of bike anyway!!!

If I ever decide to ride on the road again it definately won't be on a sports bike!!
Old 09-Sep-2004, 10:56
Mille

Oops, forgot to add....

I've been riding bikes since the age of 10 and now I'm nearly 40, so is it an age/responsibility thing that starts to kick in or is it as Yeti said - are the roads really too dangerous or condusive to sports bike riding in a sports bike manner??
Old 09-Sep-2004, 10:59
Mille

Know just what you mean Weeksy - pretty sad in some respects but then again the smiles from a good session on the track lasts for days!!!!
Old 09-Sep-2004, 12:20
500SD

Mood: DOH!
Totally agree Weeksy, after all, if you come hurtling out of a bend at 120+ and some guy is pulling out of a side road, is it really his fault if you get in a mess trying to stop? I don't think so.
Like Weeksy I've been off the road for about 18 months now, I do miss it because one of the highlights was going to race meetings on my bike, it just doesn't seem right going in the van!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit