Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 14-Aug-2006, 19:42
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka.eric
Not sure what "gained in the many many years ago." means?
Are you reading the same comments as the rest of the us?
Who was comparing MV Augusta to Ducati?.The comment was that modern MV,s have "No race success behind them".I pointed out that they have,simple.
I have no desire to buy an MV,prefer Ducati,s.But that doesnt compel me to spout "mines better than yours" if another manufacturers mentioned.
It could be argued that Ducati only do well where there,s no limit to the money you can throw at the bike.

Yes I am reading the same comments as you. Would you like me to be more explicit so you can understand? It's not difficult.

"No race success"...relatively, they haven't any. A simple comparison of numbers of race wins in maor championships clearly demonstrates that. I was concurring with weeveetwins comment to Nat's posting about MV's racing pedigree...namely the MV hasn't got one.
Old 14-Aug-2006, 21:53
500SD

Mood: PENSO POSITIVO....SEMPRE!!
Talking ..not a bad bike in my modest opinion!!

..well..I am the proud owner of a 999.. I did try the F4a couple of times - one on a track (Donington) - and I like it...

It is not a daily use bike (as it is not the 999..) - in my modest Italian opinion is another (also the 999..) a "sunny place bike"... made in Italy for Italy. Also Italians are used to things that are not working properly :-) ... so it is easier to accept some "problems"...

Powerwise is strong... frame and brakes are good. You feel really up sitting on the bike - it reminded me my dirt bike !! and I agree that tall riders can have troubles - The look after years is still beautiful.
My friend didn't have ANY problems in his 10.000 Kilometers since 2005.

It is like a Ducati 999. You like it or not. You buy it because you want it..not because is a commuter bike, problem free , easy and cheap in maintenance...
If money was not an issue, surely was in my garage with the other..

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit