Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 14-Oct-2005, 10:46
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Any so the story spins around once more
Old 14-Oct-2005, 13:08
500SD

Mood: DOH!
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
Quote:
Originally posted by desmojen
Good on you Lil!

I have to say here, all you Ducati devotees (like me) who can't get on with the front end feel or lack of it from the gixxers and R1's need to try the ZX10. The front end on that is very nearly as planted as a Duke (when it's on the floor!) and the feel is on a par as well.

Not sure I agree, there's nothing like the front end feel of the Duke - the ZX just wants to wheelie (as you say) and feels OK, but it aint a Duke.

Tim

The problem is Tim that I don't think it is entirely possible to have the total rock solid stability of a Ducati front end AND be able to have a fast, responsive turn in and steering feel.
I spent a lot of time on my 748 addressing this and did improve it immeasurably form where it started, but it still steered very slow and had very heavy steering compared to any jap 4 you care to mention.
Another part of the problem for the jap bikes is that Ducatis generally have better quality suspension as standard and that also makes a big difference to the amount of feel you will get from the bike.
As a standard unmodified road bike the ZX10 is much closer than any other jap bike I have ridden, and also has a better riding position.

P.S. Lil, any time you want a go on it you are very welcome

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit