Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 14-Feb-2006, 18:06
500SD

What\'s the MT going to do about it???

I woke up this morning... and it was RAINING!!!

Now I don't know about you lot but I didn't part with my hard earned cash to be a DSC member for it to rain when I want to ride my bike. Riding my bike is a window for the world into Ducati ownership. What will everyone think if they see a Ducati being ridden in the rain? Hardly good publicity for the club. The amount of sun-outage is totally unacceptable. We should stop subsidising trackdays, as every single one loses money, until the rain problem is fixed. Oh, it's all too easy to blame these things on 'Bad Weather' or 'God' but it's clearly yet another example of the distorted priorities of the MT. Heads should roll!
Old 14-Feb-2006, 18:06
Ducati Corse

Old 14-Feb-2006, 18:13
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
I, for one, am completely sick of the whole weather thing. The MT have controlled the weather in this country for long enough, with minimal sun-outage over the last few years. The choice of weather providers is very limited, and any choice to move away from SUN will need to be passed at the agm.

People that own Ducatis need to be prepared for some rain-time, there's a limit as to how mnay umbrellas the MT can hold up, and how quick their little legs will carry them. I hope we all come together as a club and work through this until we have sunshine 24x7......

: flame::f lame:

ali
Old 14-Feb-2006, 18:14
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
What do you expect for 38 and a half pence a week... SUN !!!

I know I do, so I'm going to stop paying my subs and use the money on bus fares to get me further south where everything is sunny instead. By this time next year I'll probably be in Staines....I hope it's stopped raining by then!
Old 14-Feb-2006, 18:16
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by ali
there's a limit as to how mnay umbrellas the MT can hold up, and how quick their little legs will carry them.

I think you're being far too understanding, Ali. Afterall, what else are they paid to do??
Old 14-Feb-2006, 18:28
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally posted by Jools
What do you expect for 38 and a half pence a week... SUN !!!

But I thought The Sun is 35p per day?
Old 14-Feb-2006, 20:31
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by Rally
I woke up this morning... and it was RAINING!!!

Now I don't know about you lot but I didn't part with my hard earned cash to be a DSC member for it to rain when I want to ride my bike. Riding my bike is a window for the world into Ducati ownership. What will everyone think if they see a Ducati being ridden in the rain? Hardly good publicity for the club. The amount of sun-outage is totally unacceptable. We should stop subsidising trackdays, as every single one loses money, until the rain problem is fixed. Oh, it's all too easy to blame these things on 'Bad Weather' or 'God' but it's clearly yet another example of the distorted priorities of the MT. Heads should roll!

Brilliant!
Nice one Rally.
Old 14-Feb-2006, 20:33
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
Ooops, I,ve wandered into the psychiactric wing by mistake.
Old 14-Feb-2006, 21:06
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Sorry to upset tha apple cart guys, but in a blatant case of what can I do for the club I pointed both partical accelerators skywards earlier and cleared the sky above where I work so that I had brilliant sunshine all day which gave rise to the roads on site being very dry and grippy.

All that was needed to enjoy this lovely bit of sunshine was a special entry ticket, so as far as I know I was the only DSC member to enjoy the summer conditions, the only draw back was that the sunshine poured through my office window meaning I couldn't see a thing on my computer screen so I hope I didn't miss anything :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

PS Sorry about the Ozone layer and I hear the excess Gamma rays produced make have caused a bit of fall out effecting some electronic based systems
Old 14-Feb-2006, 21:13
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Ive got sun burn on my face today it was that hot!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit