Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 15-Mar-2006, 10:11
Mille

I agree it is worth a look now it has been revamped. I liked the NSR, even found myself looking at the web site mentioned in the article at what project kits they do and then looking for a project bike on e bay and import dealers. He! He!
Old 15-Mar-2006, 10:22

What is in your oppinion the best UK bike magazine?
I have a subscription to Superbike Magazine here in Spain so I cannot compare it to others.......
Old 15-Mar-2006, 11:17
Mille

Racer Magazine is the only one I subscribe to and if I fancy a read and am passing the shops I would buy Performance bike for the mixture of road bikes, and project bikes featured. And I agree with Jools they dont seem to be doing all that pub talk shoot out stuff these days which is a good thing.
Old 15-Mar-2006, 11:51
500SD

I still think BIKE is the best and is the only one I subscribe to. Ride is ok and Performance Bikes is much better than it used to be. I buy it most months.
Old 15-Mar-2006, 12:55
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
The only one I get on subscription is Classic Bike, but I don`t pay for it, its an annual present bought for me!

I also like Classic Racer normaly but Pm & Superbike but cant stand Bike.

I`ve said me bit so I`ll go now!
Old 15-Mar-2006, 13:09
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
I get Ride on subscription but have to say although has best content it is a bit of a thin read. Motorcycle Racer very good then Bike.
Old 15-Mar-2006, 15:58
Mille

Mood: He's not happy {:o( He's back at sea!
I used to be an avid buyer of PB, from the days when it was Motorcycle Mechanics. They did project bikes like the X7 and other old bu**gered stuff that the real world biker would hoon around on. Get yer bike on the road for a 100 quid articles. How to blag a better deal.
What's his face Robinson used to do the tech' section and it was good stuff too.
They lost the plot for about 10 years and I never bothered with them, going over to Fast Bikes. Yeah they had crap letters and catered for the more 'wayward' bod. But their write ups on bikes were excellent, and if a bike was crap they said so. Something the other mag's never would. FB also did the best write up's on the T8's too.
PB is good now though, it seems to be going back to what it had as core values when it first started up. No bad thing either.

Ains.
Old 15-Mar-2006, 16:06
Big Twin

Mood: 748ish
Quote:
Originally posted by TORTUGA
I agree it is worth a look now it has been revamped. I liked the NSR, even found myself looking at the web site mentioned in the article at what project kits they do and then looking for a project bike on e bay and import dealers. He! He!

Tyga performance are great they always have new stuff and it is incredible very cheap and the quality is to die for. Was checking out the welding on the subframes just brilliant. Fibreglassing is very good and well finished.

Tyag Performance

[Edited on 15-3-2006 by Martinp]
Old 16-Mar-2006, 09:01
Big Twin

Mood: I've just ordered a new bike and its a ..
Ordinary Joe here!!!
Old 16-Mar-2006, 14:31
Big Twin

I hadn't read PB for many years until I bought this edition (obviously! ).

To be honest, even apart from that great 748 article, I thought it was a pretty interesting read.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit