Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 10-Apr-2006, 08:23
Ducati Corse

Mood: www.suzukisportingclub.com the only place to be
Toys Are Now Back in the Pram!!

Following the events of last week I thought it might be an idea to state publicly that after some considerable thought I asked the MT for my membership to be reinstated, to continue as RO for Surrey but not to carry on being a member of the MT. They were kind enough to reinstate me as both a member and as RO, which I thank them for. As to the MT, I realised that I could not give it the time and effort needed due to a lot of issues in my personal life, therefore better to say something now rather than do the job half-heartedly and let people down.

I was part of the group for change because I felt strongly, and still do, that the club needed to change for it to develop and move to the next stage. It had lost focus on its most important asset, its members and lost touch with the grassroots. It was also being run by a seemingly unapproachable, dictatorial and faceless group who only seemed to care about DD. Jools warned of the potential fragmentation when DD was announced and that is what happened. Anyway something needed to be done and that is why the group formed because we cared. The rest is now history and has been well documented although not in its entirety.

So why did I leave? Well I am on an email list and someone who shall remain nameless replied to an email in a fairly nasty manner, and this was the final straw that broke the camel's back. Toys were thrown out and I decided enough was enough and you could stuff the DSC.

Why have I come back? Well. knee jerks are not always the best reactions! Also I do believe, haivng had conversations with some of the MT, that there is a willingness to instigate much needed change and that this will be driven through as part of a commitment made by them, by Monty and Paul James. Things will become far more open and involving of the members and that can only be good, after all it's the members' club not the MT's! There will also be a much need refocus onto the grassroots. That is the area that I most enjoy and felt that by walking away I was letting all the people in Surrey down.

So that's my fourpenneth as honest as I can be. This is a good club and I'm confident that change will happen but it does need people to stand up and get involved. My best role is as an RO and that is what I will carry on doing now that I have been allowed back into the club. We have lost two very good members, who are also friends of mine, recently who the club will find it very difficult to replace if at all. Let's not lose any more.
Old 10-Apr-2006, 08:34
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
never met you, but from what i can tell you are a great assett to the club and i think its very big of you to have stuck with the club and are willing to help push the changes through that are needed. really hope its works out.
Old 10-Apr-2006, 08:38
Dibble

well, when they do sort things out you may find some people returning ....

well said by the way ...

Dibs
Old 10-Apr-2006, 08:43
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Well said Webby. I'm delighted that you've come back and that you are continuing with the RO role for Surrey. Everybody that I've spoken to holds you in high regard as RO and as Dickie says, you are an assett to the club.

Long may it continue
Old 10-Apr-2006, 09:16
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Yep well said Chris
It was good to see you down at Popham yesterday doing what us grass roots members do best, thats going for a ride and meeting up and for that the Hants venue and hospitality is top notch (well when they don't leave you behind that is)
Old 10-Apr-2006, 09:16
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Nice one Webby,glad you're back onboard.
Old 10-Apr-2006, 09:24
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
Well done Webby!
Old 10-Apr-2006, 09:35
Ducati Corse

Welcome back and well said.
Old 10-Apr-2006, 09:45
Big Twin

Mood: I've just ordered a new bike and its a ..
Boo Hiss.....................

Hee hee
Old 10-Apr-2006, 09:52
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Webby who?

Nice post fella

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit