Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 27-Apr-2004, 22:06
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
After my attempted started post about Foggy I was wondering when the moderator would kick in on this thread .. I guess they have day jobs too.....

Come on guys, you know better ... you know what I'm talking about ...

TP
Old 28-Apr-2004, 09:40
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

At the risk of getting "moderated" I'd like to make a comment based on the original theme of this thread.

Having visited the offices of the Northants camera team I can confirm that people on bikes persistently going through the forward facing Truvelo cameras will be waited for down the road and the error of their ways explained to them.

I'm not convinced that they add to safety, one in particular near me is sited on a relatively new slip road which joins the A43 dual carriageway. It's there to slow people down at what is a very poorly designed junction, this newish section of dual carriageway has several very dangerous and unneccesary junctions where it is possible for drivers and riders to cross the oncoming traffic. It would have made far more sense to route them via the next roundabout. So there are (as usual) more than one way of looking at the value of these things, I for one don't believe that all cameras are put in place for safety reasons. How often are you travelling at the limit for the road when some pratt in front doing the same speed sees the camera at the last minute and jumps on the brakes leaving a trail of smoking rubber !!.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit