Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 13-Sep-2005, 13:33
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by fil2
after reading the above posts.......i have changed my view and agree....if you enter the race then the position you finish in should be awarded the points accordingly ( unless you are a guest rider ).

Phil

I'd agree Phil, but its what defines a guest rider that I'm suggesting the change is made to.

I believe that guest rider status should be given to any rider who enters the series without an ambition to take part in the whole series, or someone who joins the series late (say after three quarters of the rounds have passed) just to gain experience. (if they joined that late they cannot reasonably be expected to score enough points to factor)

Therefore we allow riders to gain experience or testing, and by not gaining points, not hinder any riders who are battlling for champs positions.

Just beacuse other race series don't have these restrictions doesn't mean we shouldn't either.

We should do what's in the best interests of the riders who have supported the race series all year.

Tim
Old 13-Sep-2005, 13:57
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Tim you put it very well and that is my point, especially as some will recall many off us put down a £200 deposit to commit to this series.
The rules as I stated above say

Entrants applying after 12 February 2005 for the 2005 series will have to have been fully paid up members of the Ducati Sporting Club as at 1 January 2005, novice licence holders or not have raced for at least 5 years.

If they don't comply with this then they are not 2005 series entrants and should therefore not score points which I think should apply to those having a one off ride at Cadwell in preperation for 2006 which is a differnt series.
Old 13-Sep-2005, 14:06
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
yeash thinkng about it, you cant go changing rules to suit. if they are eligible under this years rules then they can score points. simple. doesnt matter if they do one race or 7. if someone does i race then decides to not do anymore their points are still counted. at the end of the day the grid changes a bit from race to race so i guess its swings and roundabouts. there are at least 5 people absent that were in the first meeting. some people will shuffle up the pack on the back of that i recon.
Old 13-Sep-2005, 14:47
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Sometimes I feel that this series is getting a little ahead of itself.

This is the first year of a new race series and as such is a resounding success.

Whilst being considerate of the great efforts of the organisers, I think we should remember that without the support of the riders who signed up last year and/or took the grid at Cadwell on race one, the series would not be where it is today. I think this should be remembered.

At the risk of being overly controversial, I believe that the series needs a reality check and we should understand that this first year should be considered as just that, a first year of a new race series. A year long series where championship points count for this year alone and not a series that serves only to meet the "bigger picture" commercial and personal aspirations of entities not directly competing in it. If external entities can gain from the series that is all well and good, but not if that detracts from the series as a whole (in particular the riders partaking) and the series should not be beholden to these.

In addition, I understand that individuals may want to compete in the final stages of this year so that they can see how they compare, test their bikes against similar machines, or be more prepared for next year, but we were not afforded such luxury. Take part by all means, compete if you like, but do why detract any points from entrants who are taking the final round more seriously than perhaps just a shake-down test.

We do have the opportunity to make the rules for the series, we can be influenced by what rules other series (at whatever level) adhere to, but please lets allow the rules to work in the best interest of the riders.

I am delighted to be a competitor in this years DD series, but feel that the "bigger picture" is taking over. This year is not just a feeder year to next year's DD, it is a series in its own right and should be recognised as such.

Tim
Old 13-Sep-2005, 15:00
BSB Star

kind of agree, but i dont think you can change rules retrospectively. people that have shared rides havnt been excluded because they had no chance of winning it. at the end of the day you have to go out there and beat the others who are on that particular grid on that particular day. at least 3 people around your level wont be at this meeting who were at the first. you are generally going to be racing against the same riders but there will always be a slighltly different make up.
Old 13-Sep-2005, 15:03
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
If you want to make a Championship position, you have to beat people on the track

I just can't understand how people can disagree with that...

A racer who races only at the last meeting is still a racer, so I can't see why he wouldn't get all his points. And if he does better in one race meeting than others do in 6 (and I think about me when I say this) and change the standing, I don't see why this couldn't be desserved. Just accept the fact some people are faster than you, and everything will go right.
Old 13-Sep-2005, 15:06
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Of course I meant any racer entring the series next year...
Old 13-Sep-2005, 15:15
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonio600
Just accept the fact some people are faster than you, and everything will go right.

or they may just be on a faster bike (620) than myself, Psyclist and Lin and a few 674 riders, hence the talk of next year and 2 classes and if it was one grid with more entrants than starters would it be the 583cc class riders that always loose out.
I and a few others will be riding the wheels off our 51 to 52bhp bikes to try and get some points we don't need people coming along at this late stage on 620s or in my case 674s testing for next season and taking points off us on a track where we already know certain bikes have an advantage out of Barn down the start/finish straight which will only be amplified down Park straight. Yes I will be trying to beat them on the track but if its the last lap at the entry to the old hairpin it may well make a difference to what I do if I know they are scoring points or not and this could also apply to others.
Old 13-Sep-2005, 15:16
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
Just one more thiught,(and i use Kev as example) .
Assuming the 2 new riders beat Kev he would still be 2 places further up the grid than he would be if ALL the riders that started the season were riding(the fact being that at least 4 (usually top 15 finishers) will not be starting at Cadwell .
In my book that would be a result if I were in Kevs position.
As to supporting the riders that have done all 5 rounds,why should we penilise those that are the future of the series.
butch
Old 13-Sep-2005, 15:18
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
[ hence the talk of next year and 2 classes and if it was one grid with more entrants than starters would it be the 583cc class riders that always loose out.

not sure if you were at the meeting but this was sorted.