Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 06-Jun-2004, 22:36
Webteam

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Tera
What did I do?

nothing, except being younger than me and owning a 996, now do as i say not as I do. :P
thanks for your comments and U2u's of support people. Now get off the computer and out on the bikes.
Old 06-Jun-2004, 23:37
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
right behind you web team
it was funny at first but it just got stupid after a while.
Old 06-Jun-2004, 23:49
BSB Star

Thanks for the quote Dibble....... I consider u a friend that I would hold, and keep.

Chelsea, i introduced myself. And you above anyone else made me feel welcome, then at the Dyno run, u did the same. In fact, you made a point of walking over to me, and shaking my hand, as did Everton. We had a private exchange about this subject, and, to further what was mentioned about Popham, i am more than happy once the 748 is back on road, to ride to yours, and meet Vman, i for one believe what you said about him in person, i believe and feel is true.

I am sorry, that the powers that be felt this way, but after all, we elect these people to run the club, maybe a cross selection question to the membership should have been asked. I can, and do understand why the choice was made. I, me Mark do not think in public that anyone should slate, **** or call question of a close selection of people, in this case the police, and their dark or light side. Or just for the hell for a reaction say something, resulting in ill feeling within the club. I agree there was a certain amount of ill feeling. Yes, i did get drawn into some debate, although to me it was banter. Something Dave W can stand to say which i am and do often, HUMP, so can Everton....

Me, i havespent a lot of my recent time, with Dave W, to get the club running in Dorset. I have spent personal money on the website, ok some of it was because i wanted to learn to build a web site, and it was ducati related which helped. But, it was mentioned about vamn, and the extremity of the posts to me about protential members. My reply was that this was the persons own opinion, a right every one of us has in this country, to a point. These points, or rules and laws are for our benefits of the whole; this whole may be country or in this case the club. The club has to be seen as an honourable one, a respectful one, and above all loyal to the brand to which we are. I mean, we are an official club of the Ducati brand. With that, we as members, take a certain amount or responsibility.

My point, how am i expected to convince new members to join? Well?
Old 06-Jun-2004, 23:50
BSB Star

also, do do not agree this is a waste of time to debate.
Old 07-Jun-2004, 00:30
Dibble

"thanks for your support on this one dibble"

"dibble still bangs on about a throw away line we made about hearing negative comments from dealers"

My Membership Card will be back in the post to Henners tomorrow. This is no longer somewhere I want to be.

My friends know where I am and I have no doubts I will see many of you around.

Keep it shiney side up folks.

Pietro
Old 07-Jun-2004, 02:20
Webteam

Pietro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF???????

This is exactly why it was decided that we would not enter into discussion on this subject. It is a no win discussion that clearly brings about more harm than good.

Pietro, - I am confused by your viewpoint and comments, - perhaps I took a liberty posting a retort here, but no I think we have a right to reply to criticism or is freedom of speech all one sided? I think I judge you right from knowing how cross you were about somebody who did break the rules over a WSBK diner, - you expect people to act with responsibility and regard to those around them, - so why should etiquette and behaviour be any different within an online community to real life? - I think within this thread you were wrong to go back to the subject of dealers, and as you choose to, - why cant it be commented upon? - You surely knew from previous discussion that dealer comment had nothing to do with somebody posting on this board? Sorry if I read that wrong but I took that as a cheap shot to have a go at the MT, - I see it as my “job” to action and if needs be defend a decision that was made in this case from the top of the MT tree. My opinion was to meet with Van, and have a face to face conversation with him, - but a decision was made before that happened, - so I deal with the reality not the “what if”. I really thought we had dealt with the real reasons behind this, - and the real reason being listed again above? It is to do with retaining members and attracting new ones, - boring statistics and reasons that were given on another thread, nobody at all had a negative answer or reply to those reasons.

I think you should get that dummy back in your mouth, - because if you don't then I must as well not spend the time I do on this site, - so my dummy gets spat out as it just aint worth the trouble. When I first read you have a go comments above, - I was really thinking why should I bother, why should I care about falling numbers of message board users, - an out of turn dip in membership renewals, complaints from serious contributors to this club? Well sorry I do, - as I have got a lot of enjoyment out of this club, - and yes I see it as a responsibility to put something back in. I have had enough of this friggin subject, and really wish that when we got the first complaints in we did something about it before it came to a taking side’s issue.

I say again that I cannot believe the time and trouble caused and wasted on one individual.

Ian
Old 07-Jun-2004, 11:09
Mille

Mood: .
So was vman refused entry to the club???

Again i say, the last i heard he was to become a fully paid up member of the club. If he's been banned from the board, has he also been banned from joining the club???????

Cheers,
Mark
Old 07-Jun-2004, 11:23
Webteam

there was never an application of membership from Van, other than a comment from him on this message board. It is not my place or within my knowledge to talk about anybody being banned from DSC membership I am afraid.
Old 07-Jun-2004, 11:29
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Webteam
Pietro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF???????

This is exactly why it was decided that we would not enter into discussion on this subject. It is a no win discussion that clearly brings about more harm than good.

Pietro, - I am confused by your viewpoint and comments, - perhaps I took a liberty posting a retort here, but no I think we have a right to reply to criticism or is freedom of speech all one sided? I think I judge you right from knowing how cross you were about somebody who did break the rules over a WSBK diner, - you expect people to act with responsibility and regard to those around them, - so why should etiquette and behaviour be any different within an online community to real life? - I think within this thread you were wrong to go back to the subject of dealers, and as you choose to, - why cant it be commented upon? - You surely knew from previous discussion that dealer comment had nothing to do with somebody posting on this board? Sorry if I read that wrong but I took that as a cheap shot to have a go at the MT, - I see it as my “job” to action and if needs be defend a decision that was made in this case from the top of the MT tree. My opinion was to meet with Van, and have a face to face conversation with him, - but a decision was made before that happened, - so I deal with the reality not the “what if”. I really thought we had dealt with the real reasons behind this, - and the real reason being listed again above? It is to do with retaining members and attracting new ones, - boring statistics and reasons that were given on another thread, nobody at all had a negative answer or reply to those reasons.

I think you should get that dummy back in your mouth, - because if you don't then I must as well not spend the time I do on this site, - so my dummy gets spat out as it just aint worth the trouble. When I first read you have a go comments above, - I was really thinking why should I bother, why should I care about falling numbers of message board users, - an out of turn dip in membership renewals, complaints from serious contributors to this club? Well sorry I do, - as I have got a lot of enjoyment out of this club, - and yes I see it as a responsibility to put something back in. I have had enough of this friggin subject, and really wish that when we got the first complaints in we did something about it before it came to a taking side’s issue.

I say again that I cannot believe the time and trouble caused and wasted on one individual.

Ian

Erm, you trying to get Dibble to stay or leave?? You've confused me here.

Dibble, such a crime you feel you have to leave the club. For one, i've had the chance of meeting you and spending a small amount of time with you, to me you are the essence of what this club is trying to do.

Got ya number, call u soon, meet up sooner than later (assuming you read this).

[Edited on 7-6-2004 by flanker]
Old 07-Jun-2004, 11:45
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Dibble - mum here - please reconsider, I dont want to miss you at the meets

Luv,

C

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit