Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 07-Jun-2004, 18:49
Mille

Mood: Yoi
Knockhill

This is the first day that I've had some time to catch up with the board since the middle of last week. For those of you that think that I am a professional trackday goer, I do have to work occasionally

That said, I’ve been in Scotland with customers since last Friday and we were treated to some wonderful weather and some even more wonderful golf courses. We played Gleneagles Kings Course on Friday, Carnoustie on Saturday and finished with Kingsbarns yesterday. To rub salt onto any other golfers wounds, we even stayed at St.Andrews hotel!!

The real point of this post was to say that I decided to get up at 05:00 yesterday in order to drive across to Knockhill to see if it really was as scary as it appears on television. The security guard took pity on this poor sad Sassenach and let me in to walk the circuit. I enjoyed the first lap so much that I decided to do it again The place is unreal, but far from being scared witless I think that I could even muster the courage to ride it at some point in the future. The first turn, Duffus Dip, must be amazing at speed and no wonder there’s always a fight at the final hairpin. The drive to the circuit itself made my day and I will always be a little jealous of those fantastic roads that the guys up there have to ride.
Old 08-Jun-2004, 13:08
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
I raced a proddie 250 for 3 seasons , most of my races were at Knockhill , I did a Ducati Glasgow track evening there 2 weeks ago on my 749R and you are right , the blind entrance to Duffus doesn't get any easier

..................what you need is a DSC track day at Knockhill and someone to show you the line , the most important thing to remember is for a really fast lap , you don't brake for Clarkes

[Edited on 8-6-2004 by yellowisfriedegg]

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit