Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 08-Jun-2004, 21:22
500SD

Mood: Bonjour Bonjour we are the Billy
I am due to pick it up on the 18th, i should be home by then.

Are you getting one from there as well??

I can't praise Martin and the rest of the boys at Duke Glasgow enough.

Don't know how you are fixed for cash but they are offering 0% for 2 years if you need to use that?

I also found the insurance reasonable.

Good luck, I hope you get one, you can then join as all for ride outs and trips etc.

Regards

ScottyB
Old 08-Jun-2004, 21:54

The insurance is my prob its £1764 fully comp
Have a ZX6R at the moment. It's between a new ZX6R and the 749. I've ridden the new ZX6R and its awesome but love the look and sound of the Ducati. Martin's giving me a shot on the demo 749 on Thursday
Old 08-Jun-2004, 22:13
Big Twin

Yeah the new ninja 6 is a beaut - there was a bloke caning it round Brands with his elbow 2 inches off the deck!

Was awesome following him - he lost me after about 8 or so laps though - not hard to do of course
Old 08-Jun-2004, 23:16
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
The Dark is a real bargain over the basic bike, and nobody is going to spot the differences unless they know about Ducati and their model range. I actually think that the black could pass for the more expensive bike in the range!

The rear shock is the same as the standard 749. I didn't spot the difference in forks, but will it really be noticeable? Also, you could easily
put an Ohlins steering dampener on for 200 quid (assuming it has the mounting points for it) and you'd still be saving loads.

Bargain!
Old 08-Jun-2004, 23:36
500SD

i agree with the dark option, i reckon once you add a few "goodies" to the dark, it will look awesome.....
if i ever trade my 748, thats what i will get, for sure.
Old 09-Jun-2004, 08:13
500SD

Sadly no mounting point for the steering damper, but you can get the damper which fits across the stock.

If you ask Rab at Glasgow to show you the one on his monster, i reckon it actually looks better than a mounted one.

Did not ask how much it cost him though, probably loads knowing my luck

As for the forks Antoyne, i never noticed either until it was pointed out to me. They do not have the Tin coloured coating on, just standard silver like the remainder of the shock.

[Edited on 9-6-2004 by ScottyB]
Old 09-Jun-2004, 08:32
BSB Star

Got to be said, lotta bike for the money. And damn sexy colour. I would consider a dark over the normal 749 Bip. Small detail really fork colour and coating, for mere mortals, as for the steering dampner, wait to see if you need it...

Sure you mean look like the 749R World Super Sport look a like???

Good choice i think, and zx6 v 749 Dark, hard choice both cracking bikes, but if you've been drawn by the Ducati side like most ofus, it's a no brainer.
Old 09-Jun-2004, 09:55
500SD

Trust you too notice Flanker:P

Brain numbness due to the excitement of a new bike.......

I agree on the steering damper, i doubt if i will ever push the bike to it's limits to justify the extra costs.........

On that point not sure if it would effect the warranty if you did too many mods during the first 2 years??? Anyone came across any probs with this one?
Old 09-Jun-2004, 10:08
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Ducati are usually quite generous when it comes to this - they know that adding a carbon fibre hugger isn't going to make the chrome come off your rockers!

I had a JHP chip in mine and the dealer didn't moan when it had a service and was found to not be running right. They swapped it out for the correct Ducati chip (the JHP was for 45mm but I'm running 50mm) and set everything up for me.
Old 09-Jun-2004, 10:10
BSB Star

Don't think adding a bolt on dampner would effect the warranty. Depends on what's in the small print. But be honest, how many dukes stay standard for long? Dave W's 999 as an example.

Trust me to notice, thanks i think

Can't blame you for being brain numb due to excitment of a new bike, enjoy mate

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit