Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 09-Jun-2005, 13:50
Montjuic

Mood: tyred and exhausted
750 Miles On Tuesday

Just to top the other post I thought I'd let you all know about my mega - ride home on Tuesday.

I set off from Chambery intending to overnight in Arras before getting the ferry home yesterday. When I got to Arras the town was fully booked. I was fairly tired at this point but not too aching and I ended up in Calais before I found a decent hotel.

Being that close to England I thought I might as well just get a ferry. After sitting around for an hour and a half waiting and then on the ferry I felt fresh again and although it didn't dock until 10.00 p.m. I thought I'd press on home to Brum.

The bike ran smoothly throughout apart from trouble selecting neutral (could be the adjustable levers I've fitted). I was damn cold though and the reason I didn't post this yesterday was because I was asleep for most of it!

I found the standard seat on my 02 ST4s is getting better with age (although it could be that I'm just numb with age) and I can get 150 miles before the fuel light comes on at a steady 90. I have down geared the bike for better acceleration though.

Having said all that I don't think I'll try it again for at least another year.