Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 29-Jan-2006, 00:31
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Webteam

(I've just walked through the door)

Mark (Flanks.)

Next time open it first
Old 29-Jan-2006, 00:42
Webteam

Quote:
Originally posted by AGE996
Quote:
Originally posted by Webteam

(I've just walked through the door)

Mark (Flanks.)

Next time open it first

I knew I forgot to do something!
Old 29-Jan-2006, 01:01
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
whoops
Old 29-Jan-2006, 02:31
500SD

Mood: Warmed up and ready to go
Nothing should be banned...apart from the obvious sick crap.....its a public forum for people who ride bikes, Ducatis or not!!!!!
Old 29-Jan-2006, 03:04
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Davieravie
Nothing should be banned...apart from the obvious sick crap.....its a public forum for people who ride bikes, Ducatis or not!!!!!

everyone seems to think it is a public forum, but it is not, it is a message board run for a members club, and subject to the rules of the club
Old 29-Jan-2006, 04:06
500SD

Mood: Warmed up and ready to go
I accept rules......I used to be Royal Air Force, Ive done more rules than hot dinners....but rules should stay the same for everyone. Thats what gets me down about DSC now.
Old 29-Jan-2006, 07:27
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Quote:
Originally posted by electricsheep
Quote:
Originally posted by Davieravie

everyone seems to think it is a public forum, but it is not, it is a message board run for a members club, and subject to the rules of the club

I think people forget that little fact some times . 4D

[Edited on 29-1-2006 by Fordie]
Old 29-Jan-2006, 09:36
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
the thing that upsets me the most about this whole thing is the winging and belly aching from people who have bee asked quite politely to think about how many adds they have thrown up.
as soon as it happens there like "WELL SO AND SO GETS AWAY WITH IT"
shut up you winging grass, and any way your getting away with it at the mo, nothing has been removed. play the game FFS
Old 29-Jan-2006, 11:21
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
Having just read through the original thread that caused the problem and seen the exchange of U2U’s between Berto and the moderator who took the action that so angered Berto I see that there is more to this than just censorship. Threatening, abusive behaviour has and will never be acceptable on this messageboard or within this club. There were a number of requests for Berto to back off but he just kept coming back, - not acceptable.

Now the subject of adverting on this messageboard and what is commercial and what is not is another subject, - and a very difficult one. The MT have always tried to take a view of fairness (believe it or not) but I fear that given recent events we as a club will have to take a tougher or different line on this. We have also have never had strict T’s and C’s for messageboard that require acceptance by the user, - this again will likely change, - a shame in one way as I would have hoped that common sense could have prevailed but instances like this prove that it can no longer be that way.

This messageboard pound for paid up DSC member who uses it is expensive to run, there is a feeling within the club that paid up members are subsidising others for their own gain and that is not right.

Last year or the year before (I forget) at the AGM we discussed the messageboard being private members only, I can see the subject coming up for discussion again. Perhaps DSC roundels next to usernames changes peoples opinions about things like this?
Old 29-Jan-2006, 11:36
Ducati Corse

As only a small percentage of paid up members actually use the message board then perhaps it will not be a detrimental to the future of the club as it might have been if we were to make it members only.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit