Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 08-Feb-2006, 16:43
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Quote:
Originally posted by ericthered40
only problem with the standard exhaust is it will drag around on the ground and tip you off the bike before it's worn away. Low in a very low way.

My SS headers didn't ground out once last year, even carting my lardy frame through Bombhole! If the rear suspension is set right, and you're not sitting two feet from the tank, then it should be fine.

If I remember rightly someone did try to put larger headers on, but the dyno showed a drop in power. This would concur largely with what Moto One in Oz say about larger headers losing power unless matched with breathing mods throughout the engine. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to confirm what the dyno showed last year.

Ali
Old 08-Feb-2006, 17:08
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Last year I ran standard headers and 2 into 1 collector mated to a viper slip-on adapter pipe and a Harris can, never decked it out once all year other than when I crashed. Only bit scraping on the deck was the side of the fairing at the top part of the Gooseneck.
On the MHP dyno it was making just over 51bhp (nearer to 51.5bhp)

Glyn one underseat can is so last year, the original has moved on and is now running two cans with smaller pipes (Made from my R6 headers)

[Edited on 8-2-2006 by skidlids]
Old 08-Feb-2006, 17:48
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
If anyone is interested in my high-level kit from the 600ss, I might be tempted to sell it.

It is a high level pipe and matching can custom made by Gibson. The 2-into-1 part has been modified slightly to add a couple of loops for springs to hold the hi-level pipe into. The can is aluminium but has a couple of dings. Oh, and it was 103dB in the noise test at Castle Coombe!

I'll exchange the can, hi-level pipe and modified 2-into-1 for some cash and your 2-into-1.

Here's a piccy:
http://horrible.demon.co.uk/050425_S...s/DSCF0360.jpg
Old 08-Feb-2006, 19:05
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids

Glyn one underseat can is so last year, the original has moved on and is now running two cans with a smaller penis (Made from my R6 headers)

[Edited on 8-2-2006 by skidlids]

Are you sure ??
Old 08-Feb-2006, 21:45
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally posted by antonye
If anyone is interested in my high-level kit from the 600ss, I might be tempted to sell it.

It is a high level pipe and matching can custom made by Gibson. The 2-into-1 part has been modified slightly to add a couple of loops for springs to hold the hi-level pipe into. The can is aluminium but has a couple of dings. Oh, and it was 103dB in the noise test at Castle Coombe!

I'll exchange the can, hi-level pipe and modified 2-into-1 for some cash and your 2-into-1.

Here's a piccy:
http://horrible.demon.co.uk/050425_S...s/DSCF0360.jpg

Looking for £100 + p&p
Old 08-Feb-2006, 22:10
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Griff, the smallbore pipe is ideal for the 600ss (with 583 engine)
With the 600ss, the ground clearance as std is better than the monster one std.

Generally, I found last year that the 583's ran better with a 2 into 1, but the mid range was better on some of the twin systems fitted to monsters.

Use what you have on your SS, just replace the end can with a performance can, and fit a dynojet kit.

Good luck

Alan
Old 08-Feb-2006, 23:27
Mille

Mood: 1st,start to finish
Thanks for the advice Alan,just what i needed,............an hour after i cut my system up for more ground clearence,....doh.Ah well at least i can weld.

The bike came with a can on it made by G Force.Don,t know anything about them or if its any good.Seems okay weight wise [Unlike the lardy fat boy on the seat] and sounds okay.Anyone no anything about them
Old 09-Feb-2006, 18:22
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
FWIW I tried 2>1 and 2>2 last year on the 674 and got no overall bhp gain and just a wee bit more midrange with the 2>2.
I only had one problem with the exhaust grounding, and that was going into Goddards at Donington on lap 1........