Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-Jul-2004, 23:27
500SD

CYCLE CAT CRASH BUNGS

I have just bought some of the Cycle Cat crash bungs and the necessary smaller battery.

Would welcome any feedback with regards to fitting the smaller battery ease of cutting the holes etc.

R&G do not yet do a set for the newer 748 916 etc but following a convesation at Silverstone WSB I know that they are keen to manufacture, contact them and yours may be free (thats what they offered me for the loan of my bike) I just prefered the mounting point of the cycle cat item.

Thanks Mike
Old 07-Jul-2004, 23:41
500SD

Mood: wobbly !!!
I think Tyreman on the site has crash bungs that fit give him a shout.
Kev
Old 08-Jul-2004, 08:34
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
M1key,

If you have the same model one that I had, then the bolt for the bungs comes out through the plug in the existing battery box. Easiest way to mark the holes for cutting is to install one side fairing. Attach a pen or screw to the end of the engine bolt (blue tac!!!), getting the marking object as straight and central as poss. Then slide the bolt into the frame and through the engine block from the opposite side to which you have attached the fairing. Repeat for the other side and you have guide marks for the centre point on your drill.

Tape up the fairings around the area you intend to drill (to prevent cracking of paint etc) and use a slow speed on the drill. After cutting holes, smooth off the edges with some wet and dry/emery paper.

Good luck mate.