Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 08-Jul-2004, 23:26
Big Twin

Wanted Corsa Narrow track mudguard ... desesperatly

Hi,

I have a lovely set of Superbike forks for my SPS and just about everything ready to get them fitted now.... except the mudguard.

The forks have a different mounting to the standard ones with 40mm spacing between the mudguard mounts (ie - the real race stuff). However unlike the real-real race stuff I am looking at keeping the yokes in standard width and not running them wide axle which makes it tricky finding the correct mudguard.

I know that they exist as this is what Dave Cook has got on his bike but I don't seem to be finding them. There is a obvious place to go for this type of supply (let's keep them nameless this time) but I already went there and I have been less than impressed to say the least. Phoning about 4 times to place the order, mentioning every single time that this is a special request for a narrow track mudguard and a month and a half later eventually receiving a wide track mudguard.... Keeping me hanging ever since without making any progress for finding what I wanted in the first instance.

Sooooooooooooo has anybody got a secret supplier, tie ups with an Italian supplier, contacts straight at the factory, selling a narrow track set up for a wide track, etc.??? 2 months to source a mudguard is turning into a bad joke.

Please let me know if you have any contacts.
Cheers
philippe
Old 09-Jul-2004, 00:39
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
You don't do things the easy way, do you? Sorry, I am stumped.
Old 09-Jul-2004, 01:07
Big Twin

He he he no I don't.... but once I will do it I will have a unique bike that is for sure!!!
Old 09-Jul-2004, 01:13
Big Twin

Hey Phillipe, I think Daytona in Ruislip have a carbon mudguard, when I asked about buying it the bloke said he didnt think it would fit as it was for a corsa bike or something - apparently the forks are further apart or something

Any use?

[Edited on 9-7-2004 by DJ Tera]
Old 09-Jul-2004, 20:25
Big Twin

nope - that is the one I was sent. Corsa track is wider since 1997 I think.

I need the stuff they used to have before then which was narrow track.

I have been told that the thing will be with me by the end of next week now so I shall be sorted. Just a shame that I had to wait 2 months for it and start being very unfriendly to them to get things progressed. Oh well the world is a jungle...

Thanks for letting me know,
p
Old 09-Jul-2004, 23:38
GTL

Hi pguenet

If you need a spare, I still have the one I had fitted to my old 955 which had 1996 Corsa Ohlins fitted to standard yokes(machined out) and has the bit where the fork uppers go cut away to clear the tubes.

I think there is a crack at the bottom mount(its in the loft)
but if your interested it will be cheap.
Old 10-Jul-2004, 11:14
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
hey phillipe i know for a fact that JHP (ducati coventry) do one ! they will mail order it to you, just give them a call on +44 2476335300 They do loadsa trick stuff you'll be amazed what you can get from them !!!! good luck Regards mav
Old 10-Jul-2004, 12:17
GTL

Philippe

Have mailed pics etc

Tc
Old 10-Jul-2004, 16:26
Big Twin

Thanks mav - they are the likely suspects.... Sent me the wrong one for a start despite being real clear about what I wanted. Looks like they have sorted it now and I should receive the correct one in about a week but it has been a struggle!!

[Edited on 10-7-2004 by pguenet]