Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 25-Jun-2009, 00:44
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Andys Mallory Report

Andys Mallory Race Report

Last time we raced a 620 here our early project bike was only running with 53bhp. Racing this time with near-on 10bhp more was going to be fun...

During the week before Mallory we had some fun on last year’s bike, with its now healthy power and my 900ss DD bike at the annual Cadwell DSC Trackday. It was also ideal to ensure I was race-fit for the Mallory sprint...

Raceday came round & we did the Fathers day card & pressy stuff then off to the track, thanks Keely (& Trace) for the photo-frame.
Qualifying went well, I got stuck in early and did a 1.02 after only a couple of laps, the bike had plenty more but the tyres were shot. Qually was then paused due to an incident (get well soon guys!) and it was time for a play with Tim.
We run in some new tyres in a non-DD race and they were starting to feel good by the end. This race was also split started, just as our race was going to be, so was good practice for what was to come. It was good to watch the Class B race, some good racing all through the field going on there...

Race 1 was well into the afternoon as Mallory was taking its victims and delaying the races (have you seen the condition of the circuit’s surface!!). Tim got ahead at the start but I knew the bike was good round Gerrards & passed him on the outside, holding him off into Edwinas. I got my head down, pulled a small gap and then had a right time overtaking the Supermoto’s. Fortunately Tim , Will and the others had the same problems and we managed to maintain a safe gap for the win.

Race 2 was pretty much similar to Race 1 but Will also got me on the start (was I asleep??). I got by Will, then Tim round Gerrards on lap 2. I then maintained a safe gap (have to preserve the motor, you know) and took the second win. Well done to Sam for getting up to speed on the 620 too, it’ll be good battling with you also soon

We had a big team of usual and new Valentino supporters at Mallory and I hope you all enjoyed our show. Thanks to my lovely wife & family for their support and to the sponsors who make the racing happen. We’re gonna make some long-lasting memories this year.

Oulton Park next, it’s a great circuit and we’re looking forward to it. See you there, Andy

Last edited by andys 900ss : 25-Jun-2009 at 09:27.
Old 25-Jun-2009, 01:33
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Top work as ever Andy. Everyone is keeping you keen.

Well done.
Old 25-Jun-2009, 01:37
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Always good to see the Valentino team. Nice one

See you at Oulton
Old 25-Jun-2009, 09:29
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
The Team

Old 25-Jun-2009, 19:45
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Nicely done Andrew

Was a weird one that meeting, I felt like I could catch you but actually really didn't. I'm so good at stating the obvious me!

Oulton...can we race tomorrow?

Actually, make that the day after tomorrow, I need to change the oil! lOL!
Old 25-Jun-2009, 19:55
500SD
Bikes: Diavel

Top job as usual Andy, keep it going mate will be there for the next one