Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Aug-2005, 10:56
Mille

That would be great having mine replaced under warranty but i have a problem the dealer which is bridge motorcycles in andover has now lost their ducati franchise so i cant go to them for warrenty, a closer dealer which is riders of bridgewater said you didnt buy it from us so go away basically so where do i go? Also i had my 749r on march 1st 04 so can you really see them replacing it under warrenty now?

[Edited on 27-8-2005 by boyo]
Old 27-Aug-2005, 11:47
500SD

Mood: Must fix Superlight... Must fix Superlight...
Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
No, never heard of them, strangest looking slipper I've seen in a while, might be the best one there is but could you get spares?

Aren't APTC slipper clutches the same thing Ducati are noe fitting to the smaller two valves?
Old 27-Aug-2005, 12:02
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally posted by boyo
..... a closer dealer which is riders of bridgewater said you didnt buy it from us so go away basically
[Edited on 27-8-2005 by boyo]

Surely, any franchised Ducati dealer should act on your behalf regarding warranty claims I know I've taken my bike to a different dealer (to the one that I bought the bike from) for recall work to be done without any problems. I'd try a different dealer.
Old 28-Aug-2005, 09:25
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
Quote:
Originally posted by pete.lightbody
Would agree with andyb. Standard clutch on 749r only fit for the bin. Have a Ti bucci on mine and works very well.

In reply to other, yes Ducati will replace the base plate on early models but the clutch is still not up to the job.
Welcolm to the board Peter,i bet you thought you'd slipped in without anybody noticing!
Hows the racekit going ,your bike was at Jhp the same time as mine.
Are you planning a Nagaro trip in the spring?
Butch
Old 28-Aug-2005, 19:41
Mille

Mood: i would love a RS in my garage
I've got the STM slipper... (the small version) got the light alloy clutch housing standard on the 999 '05.. I've tried the full racing version aswell, and sure u can adjust it to slip when u want.

But the stm does a good job, anf i'm using it only for racing..

Flemming
Old 29-Aug-2005, 07:53
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
only used the stm evo which is in my 999 but i love it.
Old 30-Aug-2005, 22:10

Ive got a 748r and put a ti STM on, which i found to be a nightmare. The bike would either stall or you had to rev so much the bike would shake and shudder. My brother also had one on his 748s which did exactly the same but not quite as bad.
I now have a 4 post corse clutch from niki748 off ebay, which is a revalation.
Does exactly what it should do and is really light at the lever. I know it works by ramps and not bearings, but so long as i look after it, it will be fine.
Id go for the ones off ebay, as they are good value, my plates are nearly new, and the basket has no wear.
Old 30-Aug-2005, 22:18
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by pacegod
Ive got a 748r and put a ti STM on, which i found to be a nightmare. The bike would either stall or you had to rev so much the bike would shake and shudder. My brother also had one on his 748s which did exactly the same but not quite as bad.
I now have a 4 post corse clutch from niki748 off ebay, which is a revalation.
Does exactly what it should do and is really light at the lever. I know it works by ramps and not bearings, but so long as i look after it, it will be fine.
Id go for the ones off ebay, as they are good value, my plates are nearly new, and the basket has no wear.

I think if it has a ramp it will have bearings running up and down the ramps.

Only the cheap tack like the original 748r had basic ramps!
Old 31-Aug-2005, 10:29

Ive had 2 corse clutches, a 6 post and a 4 post and neither ran with bearings whereas my old STM does.
My current 4 post Corse clutch does not have bearings just ramps.
I know wat your saying about just ramos being inferior, but at least the original ducati slipper clutches work well.
Old 31-Aug-2005, 10:43
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
The newer ones that Niki is selling have no bearings. They are ramp only and 4 post, not 6. This allows the plug to be put in to allow them to bump start them off the roller machine.

I bought his last 6 post bearing Corse clutch last year and I love it. I was offered one of the 4 posters with no bearings but chose mine on the advice from a few people on here. I just didn't want the hassle of greasing the ramps more often.