Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-Sep-2005, 15:25
Big Twin

749R, Any PC3 Maps available ?

I was thinking of buying a PC3 for my 749R but I cannot find any maps for the 749R only the standard 749 which I presume would be of no use whatsoever.

I know that each bike is slightly different but a correct 749R map for a termi, ecu and filters should not be that far out.

Does anyone have any maps that they have had made for the 749R only or where can I find one ?

Did anyone that has a PC3 fitted find that it made any difference in performance, tractability,throttle control, economy etc etc.
Old 25-Sep-2005, 17:23
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
electricsheep had one fitted to his but the maps he used were custom made on the dyno. I'd say this would be your best way to go.
Old 25-Sep-2005, 21:52
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by iang

I know that each bike is slightly different but a correct 749R map for a termi, ecu and filters should not be that far out.

How that far out would be ok? Only kidding. There is only one way to get it right and thats have it done on a dyno. Nothing wrong with adding any old map then..............just needs to be checked correctly on the dyno for your bike!
Old 25-Sep-2005, 22:40
Mille

I had my 749r dyno,d on sat at jhs racing in bristol iv got a pc3, leo vince 57mm ti system and had a custom map done and he let me watch in the room with him, all i can say is it was worth every penny and very interesting and he deff knew his stuff. On the road the results are exellant impressive thottle response, pulls like a train right from the bottom end through to the limiter but i guess that is the torque increase i got nearly 120bhp at the back wheel which i think is very good indeed for a 750 twin.