Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 27-Apr-2006, 15:20
Mille

Mood: Happy as Larry.
Once ordered a Corse sweatshirt and got an BMW motorsport jacket from them, I wont use them again, service is crap.
Old 27-Apr-2006, 16:17
Mille

Mood: Bits fitted service done, Nice
I ordered a T shirt a couple of years ago it too 3 months to come, but they debited my account on receipt of the order which is always a nice touch.

Sounds like they haven't got any better.
Old 27-Apr-2006, 18:13
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
If she payed by credit card, let the card company deal with it .
Old 27-Apr-2006, 19:41
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by TonyH
I ordered a T shirt a couple of years ago it too 3 months to come, but they debited my account on receipt of the order which is always a nice touch.

Sounds like they haven't got any better.

3 months!!

That's odd as when I bought a watch they were touting the fact that they would not debit the cash until the item was despatched. They were true to their word and within 2 days of the cash going the watch turned up.

Sounds like there's plenty of horror stories here - guess I've been lucky
Old 27-Apr-2006, 21:04
500SD

Ive used them once,quality was rubbish,customer service no better.
Old 28-Apr-2006, 21:02
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
im with nattyboy on this 1. ive had nothing but trouble with them and it goes back over 6 years. i first used them for my minichamps models and they used the old " we wont debit your account" line back then, they took the money and 3 months later i was still waiting for model and refund. i vowed never to use tham again.

recently for my birthday too the wife ordered a xl corse fleece for me as a suprise from their sale mag you get with mcn and the like, when it arrived it was a small so she ended up keeping it for herself as it was too much hassle to send it back.

twinfan the only problem with the airwaves gear is that their the only ones that sell it and ive noticed that the clinton enterprises( the guys at the bsb meetings etc ) website goes directly to th gpl site now.
Old 04-May-2006, 17:27
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Well..NONE of the goods have arrived..and they are no saying that is new stock that wont be here for at least a month (absolute b***x as they have been in there catalogue for months).

Order cancelled...muppets.

Nat
Old 17-May-2006, 05:01
Mille

Mood: Mellow Yellow
Do a search on distance selling regulations. If I remember right if they cock up it is their bag and they are liable for all postage costs. If they fail to fulfil the order correctly in a reasonable time you are entitled to cancel your order. Copy in their local Trading Standards in any correspondence too.

Jim
Old 17-May-2006, 06:26
everton

Thought I ought to send a balancing view on this one as some of the points here are harsh and extreme

I ordered a pair of AlpineStars summer boots (half price in their sale) and a new style 2006 Ducati Corse polo shirt in early March.

Boots arrived within two days but no shirt, however a letter arrived the following day saying the shirts were on back order and would be despatched when in.

I didn't bother chasing because they only charged me for the boots.

Anyway ... shirt arrived last Saturday I'd completely forgotten about it so it was a nice suprise. Not just that though - polite letter of apology and a very nice gratis Ducati baseball hat were also in the bag. The hat being a peace offering for the shirt taking so long.

So I'm a happy bunny and at the moment think their service is good and I would certainly use them again.

BTW I've used them 4 or 5 times and have never had a problem so I've never had to phone up and complain etc.

Two sides to every story ...
Old 17-May-2006, 08:17
Mille

I would also like to add that in my experiance GPL have always been very good and orders have arrived quickly. Also I don't believe that they have ever taken my money before an order has been despatched.

I would certainly use them again