Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 15-Mar-2005, 23:54
Ducati Corse

Haydon and Haslam crash

As reported on Crash.net
GSE Ducati completed the first stage of their week long test today (Tuesday), at Valencia in Spain. They will now move to Albacete for the second and final test in preparation for the first round of the British Superbike series on 28th March.

Both GSE riders has small accidents within 15 minutes of each other on the final day of the two day test.

Leon Haslam was the faster of the two riders, setting a fastest lap time of 1min 35.2secs after a total of 119 laps. For comparison Regis Laconi on the same Ducati 999 F04 set a Superpole lap last season at Valencia of 1min 35.935secs on Pirelli tyres, that are arguably nearly two seconds a lap slower than their Michelin or Dunlop counterparts.

“I feel really great on the Ducati and can't wait for the season to start,” commented Halsam. “It was fantastic to be back on the bike and I'm very happy with the lap times.”

His team-mate James Haydon completed more testing laps, with a total of 136, and managed a time of 1min 36.7secs.

“We're really at the business end of testing now and it was good to complete two full days,” he said. “With a couple more days at Albacete still to come, the first race can't arrive quick enough!”

The team now move to the Albacete circuit for a further two days of testing before returning home to take part in the first round of the British Superbike championship on 28th March.
Old 16-Mar-2005, 07:31
500SD
Bikes: ST4S

I always wonder what testing at a relatively warm circuit for a number of days does for a subsequent race in the cold March weather of the UK.
Old 16-Mar-2005, 10:05
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Mad Dog, you think too much.
Old 16-Mar-2005, 10:25
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

I imagine the PR line would be that it allows full testing of components and settings to be tried but I think its just as important for the riders to stay sharp without the worry of coming a cropper on a cold track.

I admit its hard to see the riding relevance to the UK but, I know where I'd rather be 'testing'
Old 16-Mar-2005, 11:18
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
the test data will be used to help with set up all year, plus it's hard to push the bikes to their limits on a cold track.

and as Frank says, I think I'd rather be in Spain than at a cold and damp Cadwell

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit