Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 17-Jun-2004, 19:35
Mille

What a happy bunny!!!!!!!

Hi all,I thought i would share with you lot that after a lot of deliberations i have px my 999 for a 749r and at the time of doing the deal a business associate called and offered me 2 VIP tickets to this weekends BSB at Brands as guests of Hawke Kawsaki (well you cant have every thing) am i a lucky bugger or what!
I pick the 749r up Friday am cant wait
Old 17-Jun-2004, 19:53
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
Good choice, you'll love it !

Rob
Old 17-Jun-2004, 20:05
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
There seems to be a few people lately dropping cubes from 998's or 999's down to the 749R - it must be one hell of a bike to sacrifice all those ponies!

Why did you make that call bazzer?
Old 17-Jun-2004, 21:28
Mille

Why did i change - i wanted something that was a bit special plus i have read nothing but good reports.I am concerned about the loss of bhp but Ducati will offering go faster kits that with the 57mm termis alone i'm told will take it to 123bhp and upto 136bhp with more work.
I must be honest and say the 999r would have been my 1st choice but could not justify further £6.5k.
Time will tell but will keep you guy's posted of my views once i have done some miles and of course run in.
Has any one else changed from a 999 / 998 for the 749r?
Old 17-Jun-2004, 21:52
MotoGP God

I didn't realise it made so many horses - my 996 makes about that! Maybe a little less. ... we'll see on the next dyno run that Weeksy is organising.

I can see the exotica angle, but I'm not quite up fo rthe new shape yet ... still prefer the 996 shape.
Old 17-Jun-2004, 22:08
Mille

In standard format the R produces 118bhp so 5 bhp from termi's seems reasonable it also apperently revs much higher than most v twins.
I know what you mean about the shape over the last 6 months or so it has grown on me to the point i like it,but its not just that the riding experience is also good well the 999 was, i should know having just done 2500miles in 4 days to WDW but thats another story!
I am extremely fortunate and dont mean to boast but i have also a 916sps which i will never sell but have to admit she is starting to show her age in all areas a bit like me really
And having rode the 999 and 916 back to back over the same route the 999 is much easier to ride quickly.If you get the chance test ride a 749/999 yourself and see what you think.
Old 17-Jun-2004, 22:14
MotoGP God

You lucky bugger!

I guess I should have a go on one of the newer ones ... Dickie offered me a go on his (a swap deal for a session) if I go to Jerez with WeeJohhnyB's crew - havent got approval for that one yet though.

We'll have to see how we go ... having said that, I've intentionally not had a go on a Multistrada yet because I know I'll want one! If htey made a Testastretta one I would be in in a flash!

[Edited on 17-6-2004 by tp-996]
Old 17-Jun-2004, 22:23
Mille

tp - the ironic thing is i only bought the 999 to do WDW and then sell it as i did want to take the 916 and accept i will loose a bit well thats what i told her in doors but liked riding it so much i thought i would keep it but the i saw the 749r at JHP and my heart ruled my head and thought fxxck it your only here once and did the deal.My kids keep telling me i'm spending their inheritance and that i've been in the sun too long maybe their right!
Old 17-Jun-2004, 22:29
MotoGP God

they can earn their own money when they grow up, and do what they want!!!!

Thats what I tell my kids but they are too young to really hassle me
Old 17-Jun-2004, 22:51
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
goood luck Baz with ya new bike! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, mav:P

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit