Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 11-Oct-2005, 17:30
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
DD #10 race report.

That was Ffffffffiiiiinnnnnggg great!

To date James and I have shared the bike and after the disaster that was Donny, 1 DNS and 1 crash( sorry Glynn) I was looking forward to my 3rd and 4th real DD races.

SOT practice in the damp was good to remove cobwebs.

DD qualy was good on my own so put in a good time 9th.

Race 1
Crap 1st start and got swamped at charlies 2 when i ran wide and let 5 bikes past so benefited from Andy's off! No offence mate.

Restart - Much better start and deep breath....held throttle to the stop around coppice and charlies. A good race and had a good battle with Paul P and then held station for my best result of the year 9th!!!!

Race 2
Great Start!!!! I coyuldn't believe it I was 7th into coppice and charlies then down park......then brain fade and I braked about 50 yards early and Rattler, Fil Paul P and Marcus flew past me....I was cursing into my helmet and the red mist descended! Chasing Paul hard in a train of riders, way to much corner speed and almost rear ended Paul through Hall! Got past Paul somewhere then hunted down Rattler. As he mentioned a 'forcefull' block pass into the hairpin, I had to leave him room outside me, rather than run him off the road! We rounded Park together and nailed it down the straight with Rattler on my left within touching distance! He out dragged me up the hill and when he turned in to Charlies 1 I almost rear ended him, stood it up and ran onto the grass, thinking of Ali and Andy's excursions.....I did nothing and rode it out towards the tyre wall and turned back to the track re entered at C2 and took chase after Skids. Redmist = 4 lost places!! If I had thought about it I would have calmed down and stuck with Rattler and got a better pass on him. DAMN.

Got Skids on the last lap only to then run wide at Barn and the cunning fox out race crafts me by .05 secs at the line!!!!

Reflections - EXCELLENT days racing, pushed myself and the bike to fast laps, and good close racing! Respect to Rattler and Paul P and all the others to have confidence in the person on the bike beside you when going hard.

What did I learn - Tyres can be pushed hard from the start! Thanks Pirelli. I need to learn how to brake later, I've got the brakes just not the balls. Racecraft is needed, where can I learn this......

So a great 1/2 season of racing, full fat fun for only half the calories cost.....

Thanks to Chris, Monty and MW for making it happen.

Up yours to all the nay sayers at the start of the year and roll on 2006, Class A or B mmmmm can't decide!