Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 27-Sep-2005, 16:47
Mille

Mood: Replacing 999...
Cross border payments have been an issue since the Euro was introduced. There are currently three eu intitiatives on the subject but in the benelux countries things arent too bad - as crunchy says.
Going further afield to spain and portugal and it would become a problem. If you ask for a SWIFT to be sent that will cost you - my internal SWIFT costs are about €5 per message and that for billions of € transfers.
Go to the post office, get your € exchanged for free, pop it in a registered envelope and post it off. That comes from being an International Banker for the last 26 years!
Old 27-Sep-2005, 16:56
GTL

Mood: I want to come home ::(:but then
Like I said before, it's no wonder that most off the people in the UK are against the Euro and the EU. The institutions in the UK don't let them see the benefits.
Old 27-Sep-2005, 17:17
Big Twin

Crunchy, I appreciate the offer mate, but I've managed to sort it. I will keep you in mind for future purchases though!

I did have the SWIFT/IBAN numbers, told Barclays, but they weren't having any of it. I don't see how they can justify such a charge.
Old 27-Sep-2005, 18:04
GTL

Mood: I want to come home ::(:but then
Quote:
Originally posted by khu996
Crunchy, I appreciate the offer mate, but I've managed to sort it. I will keep you in mind for future purchases though!

I did have the SWIFT/IBAN numbers, told Barclays, but they weren't having any of it. I don't see how they can justify such a charge.

No probs.

It does annoy me though how difficult it is to do business with the UK. The sooner we are in the Euro the better. UK residents could then use European banks and then maybe, just maybe good old Blighty will stop being so expensive.

But I still miss being there
Old 27-Sep-2005, 18:11
Mille

Mood: Replacing 999...
Europe, outside of the UK, has its own internal battles in it's banking systems believe me.

I have lived in the Netherlands, work for a AAA Bank, seen both sides of the coin and could go on for ages but I wont.

Glad you are sorted khu!!
Old 27-Sep-2005, 20:44
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
I've bought from a German supplier on e-bay. Found the same problem of bank charges, I explained the problem and offered payment via PayPal or credit card.

The seller opened a paypal account