Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 03-May-2005, 23:47
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Bit it harder, lardy boy.

PS. Wanna buy some scuffed sliders?
Old 03-May-2005, 23:50
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by antonye
Bit it harder, lardy boy.

PS. Wanna buy some scuffed sliders?

Are they worth the 16 seconds I whooped your a$$ by?

MMMIIIIAAAAOOOOWWWW!!!

Sorry, my teeth went clear through my tongue!
Old 03-May-2005, 23:53
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Quote:
Originally posted by antonye
Knee down != Faster

Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!.
No knee down doesn't mean faster unless you are talking craner curves and up through to McCleans.

Staying tighter into a turn ( incorrect line) would also enable you to get your knee down.
Old 03-May-2005, 23:57
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
OK then were is TP gona make up the time then? Jon says your not aloud to go round the turns faster so you will have to do it on the brakes or your exit speed cos the bikes are all much of a muchness.
how did Geoff do it? take a look at the little pic I posted before of Geoff
at the same turn and look at the end of his handel bar.
You will have to look at the full one not the biddy one.
Old 04-May-2005, 00:05
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Your missing the pont Eric. There was nothing wrong with TP's corner speed. All I am saying is. Is that you don't need mega amounts of c/speed to get your knee down on tight corners. Long sweepers yes!
Old 04-May-2005, 00:07
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I don't think that's what Jon means Eric. I know I could get round the corners quicker with better body position - that doesn't necessarily mean knee down but that may come as a by-product.

I'm not sure I can make many improvements on the brakes - I was super hard and could overtake pretty much everyone (except Ali who got me) on the brakes. Perhaps with more progressive braking? Don't know, need to work more on that perhaps.

I also know that I could have gone harder through the left hander and right hander between the hairpin at the start finish straight and up the mountain. I made a few mistakes there and backed off a little bit to make sure I could get it right. I didn't think anyone would be able to overtake me there and as I had good speed into hall bends I didn't think it would translate into a pass there. So, I could make time there as well. Also the hairpin itself, I couldn't get a decent line through there and ended up going in tight and hard on the brakes all the time, turning it and trying to get it straight back up so I could get decent drive out.

I think changing my gearing probably would have made the biggest difference - I was running the standard road gearing (I think - I didn't even check). But I wanted to concentrate on me more, not the bike. The bike is very good, I just needed to try and catch up to it.
Old 04-May-2005, 00:36
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Getting your knee down seemed to make no difference last weekend. I used my knees on every single corner and was still slower than you, but I feel a lot more comfortable doing it as it gives me a clear indication of lean angle.

It does, however, have it's own problems. Coming into the right at the bottom of the mountain, and the old hairpin, I had to lift my right knee a long way off the ground to stop it smacking the kerb. Several times my concentration slipped for a split-second forcing me to adjust my line and roll off the gas.

Personally I think you'll go quicker once you're comfortable doing it, but you're quick enough as it is so feel free to stay upright for as long as you like!

Cheers,

Ali
Old 04-May-2005, 00:38
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Are they worth the 16 seconds I whooped your a$$ by?

Nah, that'll be the extra 10bhp of your 618i !!!

Old 04-May-2005, 00:39
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

PS. Where are you in the Championship at the moment?

Old 04-May-2005, 00:50
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
TP and Jon

What I did when I looked at this shot of you TP was to take the shot of Geoff and place them side by side on my desktop. I compared the Two shots and came to the conclusion that Geoff is carrying more speed at that point in time therefor he is creating more lean angle and his knee is on the deck. I really can’t see anything else that you could do to improve at that section in to the mountain.
Jon do you think he is in there with more commitment?

Also getting your knee down will instil a confidence in your cornering that must help you.
When I watched the fast boys through Hall bends they were decked out though the left and then the right up over the top they had there knees wedged between the fairing and the track scary stuff