Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 09-May-2005, 18:01
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
from neil spaldings article about the series:

The rules are designed to allow the inveterate fiddlers a chance to build a quick 674, for the rest the easy way in is to buy a 620ie……

By the time we are halfway through the season I'll wager a modified manifold / carburettor 674cc kitted 600 will be making 62 is bhp and a properly built 621cc will be on the same…

if you read the whole article alot is made about carburation not just a case if simply bolting on a big bore kit.

in answer to the original post. yes if you and the majority want 2 or more tables have them. i think you'll find there are plenty of people who dont care one way or the other.
Old 09-May-2005, 18:05
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Message original : domskidue
Quote:
Originally posted by Flanks
Simple, get 70% of the racers to agree, and bring the motion to the racing committee as proposal to have 2 distinct classes within the series.

It's that bloody simple lads!

Sorry Chris, Mike and John for telling them how to do this, and give you a headache! But this is madness!

Sounds easy eh?

Except 60% of them (inc me now - apparently) are on 620's and they don't recognise there is an issue.

I'm on 620 and I agree with 3 classes, just because there are 3 different engines allowed...

Class 583
Class 618
Class 674

It's easy...
Old 09-May-2005, 18:05
BSB Star

Dom,

Look, write up a proposal, mail it to all the racers, and ask them to sign it, and send it back. Put as much effort as you've done into this debate, and you may have you're day.

Mark.

[Edited on 9-5-2005 by Flanks]
Old 09-May-2005, 18:07
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonio600
Quote:
Message original : domskidue
Quote:
Originally posted by Flanks
Simple, get 70% of the racers to agree, and bring the motion to the racing committee as proposal to have 2 distinct classes within the series.

It's that bloody simple lads!

Sorry Chris, Mike and John for telling them how to do this, and give you a headache! But this is madness!

Sounds easy eh?

Except 60% of them (inc me now - apparently) are on 620's and they don't recognise there is an issue.

I'm on 620 and I agree with 3 classes, just because there are 3 different engines allowed...

Class 583
Class 618
Class 674

It's easy...

You're damn right it's this easy! Plus the slower 620 guys get more points, as some of the 583 etc beat them.
Old 09-May-2005, 18:13
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
from neil spaldings article about the series:

The rules are designed to allow the inveterate fiddlers a chance to build a quick 674, for the rest the easy way in is to buy a 620ie……

By the time we are halfway through the season I'll wager a modified manifold / carburettor 674cc kitted 600 will be making 62 is bhp and a properly built 621cc will be on the same…

if you read the whole article alot is made about carburation not just a case if simply bolting on a big bore kit.

in answer to the original post. yes if you and the majority want 2 or more tables have them. i think you'll find there are plenty of people who dont care one way or the other.

whatever.
Old 09-May-2005, 18:16
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
my last word on the subject:

firstly; i do understand the debate about 573 getting up to 620 levels with correct big bore kits and carburation, which to my mind no one has actually done yet anyway so its difficut to say. but everyone knew the rules when they entered and, no matter what anyone says everyone had a choice over what bike to enter. if you could only enter what in your mind is an uncompetitive bike, you had the choice not to enter at all.

secondly; i'll happily vote for 3 classes if thats what the majority want.

out of interest if i enter s.o.t and am the top placed 620 do i get a cup?
Old 09-May-2005, 18:21
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I'm on a 583 and here are a few of the reasons why.

1, its cheap, bike on the race grid for £1850
2, prices originally banded around for the 674 BB kit were costly
3, No head work was allowed and your not going to catch me spending alot of dosh on a BB kit if I can't match the squish and get the flow rates to match
4, a tuned 674 would also need trick carbs again a added cost
5, All the 620s I saw at the time were outside my budget and my budget was set on what money I had left after selling my 748 racebike
6, I'm not bothered about winning just want to be one of the top 583s out there and try and put it over on a few 674s and 620s

As I said keep it cheap keep it simple, spend £2k on a bike and go and have some fun.
Best Cadwell lap for me was a 52.5 and if I could have fitted in more laps I felt as though I had a 51 lap in me.
I'm happy with that, I know I would have been faster on either a 674 or 620, doesn't matter at leat I felt motivated and had some fun dispite the crash and zero points.
Old 09-May-2005, 18:21
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

For those of you who forgot why we're here

I've updated the points system...

http://www.domskidue.co.uk/points.htm

Old 09-May-2005, 18:23
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Where is my French class ????????
Old 09-May-2005, 18:23
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
out of interest if i enter s.o.t and am the top placed 620 do i get a cup?

A tea cup