Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 17-May-2006, 13:35
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
As I mentioned in a email to somebody Yesterday and as Glyn has mentioned above, DD may be better off having 6 Championship rounds run at Club level (not Superclub) all with 2 races per meeting and from the 12 races 11 to count to the final championship standings.
Then also hopefully fit in a couple of Non Championship rounds but with decent prizes where DD could be invited to run at places like Assen and Castle Combe where there is limited grids.

Makes sense to me

now that makes sense.................but i think all rounds should count...other than that.....great idea......u gonna drive this forward kev.?

6 x dd rounds

we have already been invited back to Assen...thats one invite round taken up........

nice one

Phil
Old 17-May-2006, 13:45
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I think droping only one result out of 12 would allow for the odd bad finish or DNF, riders would still need to commit to every meeting otherwise they end up dropping two scores which is a lot of points in our series
Old 17-May-2006, 13:54
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
So Tim, if I get this right, you're running a 583 and a 620 to help boost the numbers?

What happens in a mixed timed qualifying, like we have had at Brands and will have at Castle Combe? Surely you can't expect your 620 time to count for 583s, so you'd have to ride the 583? This obviously would place you further back down the pack in the 620 grid *if* we were running seperate races but we're not ... so you're back to entering one class and wasting the additional entry fee for nothing!

So far we have no guarantees that there will be split grids, so maybe you've wasted money on an extra bike ... which is kind of the point that Glyn is trying to get across (I think!)
Old 17-May-2006, 13:57
Ducati Corse

Quote:
I think droping only one result out of 12 would allow for the odd bad finish or DNF, riders would still need to commit to every meeting otherwise they end up dropping two scores which is a lot of points in our series

arrr..........sorry i mis- read that...i thought drop 1 round ie 2 races......dropping 1 race may work well..................

still i think all rounds should count..reward commitment and consistancy in the series.
Old 17-May-2006, 14:09
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Message original : fil2
Quote:
As I mentioned in a email to somebody Yesterday and as Glyn has mentioned above, DD may be better off having 6 Championship rounds run at Club level (not Superclub) all with 2 races per meeting and from the 12 races 11 to count to the final championship standings.
Then also hopefully fit in a couple of Non Championship rounds but with decent prizes where DD could be invited to run at places like Assen and Castle Combe where there is limited grids.

Makes sense to me

now that makes sense.................but i think all rounds should count...other than that.....great idea......u gonna drive this forward kev.?

6 x dd rounds

we have already been invited back to Assen...thats one invite round taken up........

nice one

Phil

I can't believe we can have any "non scoring point" round. Especially if that's 500 miles away of London on the Continent.

We have been invited to go to Assen again, that's brilliant.

Now maybe we should make a vote at the end of the season asking the riders if they actually want to go there or not. We were 12 class B bikes at Assen, and it was a point scoring round. Now there is no way we could have reached the same figures if the round had been a non point scoring one... I bet we would have been even less. And if we're even less, what's the point for us going there to race against 5 or 6 others 583 and a tenner of 620?

We'll have to make a choice, but for me it will be Assen with points or not Assen. I can't afford trackdays on the continent yet...
Old 17-May-2006, 14:09
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Message original : fil2
Quote:

still i think all rounds should count..reward commitment and consistancy in the series.

+1
Old 17-May-2006, 14:16
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonio600

We'll have to make a choice, but for me it will be Assen with points or not Assen. I can't afford trackdays on the continent yet...

Assen for no points but cash prizes?

just got to get sponsor for each class maybe £500 per class even if mixed grid.

we would still go whatever anyway as was great experience
Old 17-May-2006, 14:21
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
Quote:

Makes sense to me

cool all sorted ill go with that
Old 17-May-2006, 14:32
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally posted by AK
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonio600

Assen for no points but cash prizes?

just got to get sponsor for each class maybe £500 per class even if mixed grid.

we would still go whatever anyway as was great experience

How about all DD rounds have cash prices........

some of us might be able to afford to race then without selling the kitchen sink.....................
Old 17-May-2006, 14:42
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally posted by fil2
some of us might be able to afford to race then without selling the kitchen sink.....................

But what will you keep Kelly chained to?