Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 19-Dec-2004, 18:57

Bit the bullet!!

Hi Guys

well i finally bit the bullet and ordered mine today. Black MS, not sure what mods i will make, i'll just run it in and decide once thats done.

What convinced me was the test ride i had on wednesday. The salesman let me take one out for an hour. Before riding it he said that the rear tire was squared off and it was affecting the handling. Well............it took so much effort to make it turn in i thought it had a punture.......took it to a garage,checked the tire pressures, 12psi in the front tire!!!!!! pumped it up and bingo, what a fantastic bike! fell in love with it there and then, soooo much more rideable than my 749s on our potholed roads, and handles like a dream. loved the engine, load of torque from way down the rev range.

My only concern was that i also really liked the BMW R1200gs, i test rode it today, and while its a good bike, handles well etc, its just didn't make me grin Very Happy like the multistrada,So i ordered mine today, 749s will be part exchanged, and i have a great christmas looking forward to my new toy!