Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 17-Sep-2006, 21:47
Mille

Power Sports Now Ducati Dealer (Again)

Went up to Powersports Clay Cross yesterday. lots of people there.

But when I asked 'Do you give discounts to D.S.C. members' the blank looks I got were surprising. Do they know who we are!!!.

After being passed from one department to the next the guy at the counter had to go and ask an official looking man who shook his head. I know its not a right to have a discount but how do we go about this. Does someone from the web team have to make contact or do we have to pledge to only buy from them.

I did buy some stuff but I would have felt better parting with my money if I had a discount.

As it was opening day why did they not give anything away???

Its all about profits I spose.......
Old 17-Sep-2006, 22:13
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
Went up myself, good chat with other Ducati riders etc

Not sure that they will do anygood as a dealer .... multi franchise chasing £££.

When they had the Dealership in Derby they damaged more bikes than they fixed. A mate who had a bodywork shop in the Nott's area were kept busy repairing an average of 2 panels a month as the workshop kept dropping the bikes back in the days of flick up side stands. Worse part was that every repair was a "quick" job ... ie: repaired before the owner came to pick their bike up
Old 18-Sep-2006, 08:10
Mille

I saw you there, well leaving.

I have to agree I think it will be hard for them to make it pay, the same thing happened in Northampton with Riverside M/C's too many franchises.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit