Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 20-Jun-2006, 13:34
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
[quote=jeff st4s]I wish I'd been able to call you about 15 years ago; QUOTE]

you and me both. I took a little bit of a kicking from 2 fellas. it wasnt too bad as there were lots of people about. taxi queue in Kingston, a saturday night, everyone is pretty much drunk. I didn't bother with the police, no real ahrm done.

"interfering in his relationship" was how he put it. I would describe that assesment as the epitome of "Spin"

Last edited by 749er : 20-Jun-2006 at 16:07.
Old 20-Jun-2006, 14:58
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by keefer
hope it works for you and you don't end up with a brick threw your window.
or you house burnt down

You've just got to put the fear of God into them so they don't even contemplate revenge if they know they'll always get far worse back. Its the only way with scrotes, bullys etc. Fear works, and i'm sure Mav thought of this when he had his 'discussion' with the offending yobs.
Old 20-Jun-2006, 15:13
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDG
You've just got to put the fear of God into them so they don't even contemplate revenge if they know they'll always get far worse back. Its the only way with scrotes, bullys etc. Fear works, and i'm sure Mav thought of this when he had his 'discussion' with the offending yobs.

Do you think after this punishment metered out that " they " the offending yobs will turn over a new leaf and be good little boys.????....or will they pick on less resistive targets perhaps and really exact revenge.?.....

I dunno maybe a good beating will make wind there heads in.....i hope so.....

Phil
Old 20-Jun-2006, 15:31
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by fil2
Do you think after this punishment metered out that " they " the offending yobs will turn over a new leaf and be good little boys.????....or will they pick on less resistive targets perhaps and really exact revenge.?.....

I dunno maybe a good beating will make wind there heads in.....i hope so.....

Phil

Sad to say Phil i don't for a moment think they'll turn over a new leaf, unfortunately it'll probably just move the problem elsewhere.

Thats for the police and sociologists to resolve, far beyond the likes of me to solve social problems but it would hopefully solve Mav and his neighbours immediate problem. I know i'm leaving myself wide open to criticism for the "I'm all right Jack approach"

I'm certainly not criticisng your views and comments, very laudable. Morally its not the right approach to solve the issue, i'm well aware of that, but sometimes needs must. I speak from experience, but don't want to go into specifics. A BIG problem could not be resolved in conventional ways, so alternative methods were used very successfully. Its not big, or something to be proud of but needs must sometimes.

Hopefully these yobs may mature a bit with age and experience, rather than just develop into older more professional thugs. It would be good to demenstrate to them the effects on their actions on normal people, it may help change them, but it may also amuse them. I honestly don't know what the right solution is.
Old 20-Jun-2006, 15:31
Big Twin

Mood: www.zeitgeistmovie.com The Truth they dont want you to know.
well mav, if the storey is true and it went down the way you describe it...

I`m with you all the way.

Nice one.

Its the sort of thing I`d do.
Old 20-Jun-2006, 15:45
Mille

Talking

I had a good run in with some scum bags a couple of years ago, I was putting the car away in my garage when I heard voices coming down my street. It was dark and about 1130. I stood in the garage doorway to see 2 guys around 19 years old with a sledge hammer, they didn,t see me and as they passed a neighbours car they stopped and said "go on do it, smash it"
Then one of them noticed it wasn't locked and so they opened the door and started to steal it. I thought mmmm 2 guys sledge hammer, so I reached to my side and picked up my 3ft timber axe. I walked out of my drive with it hidden down the back of my leg. I said what the f**** going on here then? to which they both jumped out of the car and the one with the hammer went to raise it and they both started to square up to me. One said we got a f****** hammer to which I said mmmm hammer looks good but timber axes beat hammers(as I produced the axe) One cried s*** hes got an axe to which they dropped the hammer and ran. I chased them with the axe to the bottom of the road, went back and had a look at my new hammer!

The end Tortuga wins

I am a prison officer and so am not easily intimidated by scum bags.

I have had a few occasions where youths have smashed the odd bottle out side my house. I always go out and my speech is always right pick up the glass. To which they say "but I will cut myself" My reply is always well sunshine here's the choice. Pick up the glass off of the floor or pick your teeth up, your choice. I have to say to date the sound has been of glass being put in my bin and then a gobby one shouting something when they are 500 yards down the road as they run off.
GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR!
Old 20-Jun-2006, 15:51
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDG
Sad to say Phil i don't for a moment think they'll turn over a new leaf, unfortunately it'll probably just move the problem elsewhere.

Thats for the police and sociologists to resolve, far beyond the likes of me to solve social problems but it would hopefully solve Mav and his neighbours immediate problem. I know i'm leaving myself wide open to criticism for the "I'm all right Jack approach"

I'm certainly not criticisng your views and comments, very laudable. Morally its not the right approach to solve the issue, i'm well aware of that, but sometimes needs must. I speak from experience, but don't want to go into specifics. A BIG problem could not be resolved in conventional ways, so alternative methods were used very successfully. Its not big, or something to be proud of but needs must sometimes.

Hopefully these yobs may mature a bit with age and experience, rather than just develop into older more professional thugs. It would be good to demenstrate to them the effects on their actions on normal people, it may help change them, but it may also amuse them. I honestly don't know what the right solution is.

lets hope so..........................some people only respond to violence i guess......shame...........
Old 20-Jun-2006, 15:54
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORTUGA
I had a good run in with some scum bags a couple of years ago, I was putting the car away in my garage when I heard voices coming down my street. It was dark and about 1130. I stood in the garage doorway to see 2 guys around 19 years old with a sledge hammer, they didn,t see me and as they passed a neighbours car they stopped and said "go on do it, smash it"
Then one of them noticed it wasn't locked and so they opened the door and started to steal it. I thought mmmm 2 guys sledge hammer, so I reached to my side and picked up my 3ft timber axe. I walked out of my drive with it hidden down the back of my leg. I said what the f**** going on here then? to which they both jumped out of the car and the one with the hammer went to raise it and they both started to square up to me. One said we got a f****** hammer to which I said mmmm hammer looks good but timber axes beat hammers(as I produced the axe) One cried s*** hes got an axe to which they dropped the hammer and ran. I chased them with the axe to the bottom of the road, went back and had a look at my new hammer!

The end Tortuga wins

I am a prison officer and so am not easily intimidated by scum bags.

I have had a few occasions where youths have smashed the odd bottle out side my house. I always go out and my speech is always right pick up the glass. To which they say "but I will cut myself" My reply is always well sunshine here's the choice. Pick up the glass off of the floor or pick your teeth up, your choice. I have to say to date the sound has been of glass being put in my bin and then a gobby one shouting something when they are 500 yards down the road as they run off.
GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR!

and what happens if you get into a fight with 2 lads with a hammer and you with an axe.?................someone is gonna get hurt and it is worth it for the sake of a car.?...............
Old 20-Jun-2006, 15:54
Mille

Mood: childish
mav, i've been in the same position as you (i was dumb enough to buy my 1st house next door to a 24 hr petrol stn!!) i got sick of the local yoot leavin there rubbish in my garden & went out there to tell em to pick it up & pi*s off.

well, about 4 of these young "men" got leary so i went back in the house & grabbed the 1st thing i could get hold of, which was a bloody big knife. to this day i dont know what would've happened if my then girlfriend hadnt've pulled me back in the house. someone could be brown bread &i could still be inside.

all i'm sayin is in the heat of the moment perminant damage could be done.

i think its a case of go absolutley loopey & be prepared to put you & your family at risk, or do nothing.

its a tricky one for sure.
Old 20-Jun-2006, 16:04
Mille

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil2
and what happens if you get into a fight with 2 lads with a hammer and you with an axe.?................someone is gonna get hurt and it is worth it for the sake of a car.?...............

Yes I know what you mean but I have never been one to stand back, it can be looked at as a good thing and a bad thing I guess. I have caught countless burglars in my street, in fact last year I tackled someone trying to steal an elderly neighbours car and during the scrappy bit when I caught him we fell and I cracked a rib and had cuts and bruises. I would still do it tomorrow as I cant stand being a victim and letting others become victims, because to me you are saying its ok to to be a scumbag because no one will stop you. Queens rules apply in my street and not villains rules as I refuse to live in a world where they make the rules.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit