Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.
Closed Thread

Old 16-Oct-2006, 00:05
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally
scatological

Thank god for answers.com

Quote:
Meanwhile I'm not aware of anything that Henners has posted that has been so objectionable (to me as a member rather than the MT at least).

Agreed.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 00:13
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic944ss
Bottom line in the Terms and conditions that all users of the board agree to as a condition of using the site:

"The Club reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

Plainly visible in the 'Forum Rules' section (button on main bar) also:

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/rules.php

Cheers - Frank

Who exactly is "the club" in this instance

how many people have to object about a thread/poster before it or they are removed?

Personally I would remove every post with the phrase "iconic 916" (no offence Henners), but I cant, so if I and every other member cant censor opinions we dont agree with why can a priviledged few do so, just because they dont agree?

Come on TEAM, take a more dispassionate view, and allow the club to breath

Last edited by 749er : 16-Oct-2006 at 00:19.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 00:15
Ducati Meccanica

Good grief - this is getting all so ridiculous

If you really feel the need to play big brother then at least be consistant!

I can see one poster in here at least who does not comply with the AUP rules

General Rule 1.1

So wheres the - report this post- button ?
Old 16-Oct-2006, 00:17
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Quote:
Yeeaaassss.... but, Loz, you have to admit that it doesn't sound right? I'm sure the webteam will be along shortly and clear up the worst of Dave's scatological out bursts... but if there was anyone more deserving of being put on a Moderated List then I've not come across them. Meanwhile I'm not aware of anything that Henners has posted that has been so objectionable (to me as a member rather than the MT at least).

I do hope that the offending posts are withdrawn soon (if they haven't been already). It's simply a matter of reporting the posts to ensure that the WT are aware.

If for some reason the posts are left in place and you are unhappy with this (as I would be if I reported them), I would ask the WT to justify their actions - via a PM.

Some matters are best dealt with quietly. We are all (mostly all) entitled to free speech, but there's a responsibility incumbent on all of us when we exercise that right. Consideration of the consequences and all that.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 00:19
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix n max
... So wheres the - report this post- button ?

It's the red triangle icon near the bottom left of each post (although you don't see that icon when viewing your own posts!).
Old 16-Oct-2006, 00:22
Ducati Meccanica

Thanks
Old 16-Oct-2006, 00:23
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz
We are all (mostly all) entitled to free speech...

"But some are more entitled than others." Ok, bad Animal Farm reference but one that I think is appropriate here.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 00:32
Big Twin

Mike
I believe that some of the offending posts from this evening are getting dealt with - threads disappearing as we speak - so there's some progress on dealing with the alleged double-standards of censorship that you're concerned about.
If there's concern about the wider issue of double standards - a quiet word with the WT should clear that up. If it doesn't ... well, one step at a time, let's not seek trouble before it's happened.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 00:55
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic944ss
Bottom line in the Terms and conditions that all users of the board agree to as a condition of using the site:

"The Club reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

Plainly visible in the 'Forum Rules' section (button on main bar) also:

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/rules.php

Cheers - Frank

Thanks for that Frank, it made me read the T&C again.

I can't help but notice the distinct lack of any provision in there to put forum participants on a "moderated list". Could you point me to the relevant section please?
Old 16-Oct-2006, 09:35
Big Twin

Quote:
Thanks for that Frank, it made me read the T&C again.

I can't help but notice the distinct lack of any provision in there to put forum participants on a "moderated list". Could you point me to the relevant section please?
Mike
Just butting in here, but the mechanism by which the WT moderate posts is somewhat irrelevant, provided the moderating is done within the spirit of the DSC rules.
Of more interest to me is how long Henry's moderation period going to be. Is it a set time limit, or an open-ended one? I, like others, miss his presence here.
It's not 100% clear to me why he is being moderated, although the reasons for this do not need to be discussed in a forum open to the public. Webteam, is this something that can be discussed by DSC members in the DSC only form? Obviously, non-members won't be able to contribute directly to that discussion although I feel certain that their voices will still be heard.
Closed Thread

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit