Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 18-May-2005, 17:10
Mille

taking the mick ?

Rang the salvage yard holding my bike the day after the crash , they told me the bike had heavy front end/steering damage , heavy fairing damage , damaged silencer , damaged headlamps and damaged sidestand .

This morning i recieved a notice of intention to sell the bike if i didnt pay the salvage and storage fee,s All this after i had rang them 3 times and told them the insurance company would sort everything , So today i got the wife to drive me over to actually look at the bike . I think we can safely say it,s not quite as bad as they,ve made it out to be The worst damage other than the fairing , is the left hand Termi is smashed and one broken rear indicator
Old 18-May-2005, 17:19
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
I would say get your insurance assessor to look at it sharpish. Tell the breakers that they have no claim of ownership so any attempt to sell it will result in legal action against them. Tell them that they already misrepresented the damage and that you've go pictures to prove it.

I'm don't have any experience of this so somebody with legal experience might be along in a minute.
Old 18-May-2005, 17:22
Big Twin

Mood: suck, squeeze, bang,......fart?
Screwy, doesn't this work in your favour?
If the salvage co is calling it a write-off, you get paid out by the insurance company and then buy it back off them for a cheap price? Or am I missing something?
Old 18-May-2005, 17:33
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Surely you have the V5, so it is still your property, so how could they sell it?
Old 18-May-2005, 17:35
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
how did it end up at the salvage yard ?
looks like you could ride it to me.
any way yes contact your insurer and tell them
Old 18-May-2005, 17:37
Mille

Cant really see its the salvage yards job to decide , The only reason i put a claim in was due to the description the yard gave me of the damage , having now seen the bike i would have fixed it myself in all honesty and saved myself the grief of dealing with the insurance company . As it is the salvage fee,s now stand at nearly £400 ,where as the day after the accident when i rang to arrange pick up it was nearer £200 .
Old 18-May-2005, 17:40
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Can you get it home then? discuss a salvage price and get it home before the charges double again, and again, and again, and... you get the idea
Old 18-May-2005, 17:44
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
offer them £200 and walk away.
if they don't go for that pay the £400 but ad that you will be making measures to recover that money as they made a fraudulent description of the bike
Old 18-May-2005, 17:47
Mille

On the night of the accident i was rushed of to hospital with a suspected punctured lung , the police had the bike recovered . ive contacted the insurance company and they instructed me to tell the salvage yard that they will pick it up ,hence me going across this afternoon to tell them in person and also look at the bike . The insurance company where very suprised that they where threatening to sell seeing as the have'nt had the bike a week yet .
Old 18-May-2005, 18:29
Big Twin

Mood: High as a kite!
w4anker5