Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 08-Oct-2005, 19:23
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

i bought 200 from and keep them every where, what puts me off the moulded ones is that im sure they are easy to lose and mustr be disgusting after each use.
Old 08-Oct-2005, 23:19
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Jools
I wouldn't mind getting a set of custom made ones - trouble is I sometimes have trouble finding my lid in my chaotic household, earplugs stand no chance of ever being found again

I had one of those little plastic boxes that were in the DSC marquee at the BMF. I keep my custom moulded earplugs in that and that stays in my leather pocket. Don't wear the plugs all the time, mainly longer journeys, but always know where to find them.
Old 08-Oct-2005, 23:30
500SD

Mood: Smiles
I agree with you, some are quite shocking prices, in Chichester, it ranges between 29p to 90p for one set depending on what you go for.. or you can buy 30 in a bag for 5.99 or 60 for 9.99 so not too bad.

Tell you what I think more annoying though for women, is sanitary wear, why can't we get that on NHS or similar, I mean they give condoms free, and the pill free, and blokes don't have to bury sanitary stuff, so really ear plugs is a small price to pay! humph!
Old 09-Oct-2005, 10:33
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
I got mine fomr these guys in a box of 200:

http://www.safetysupplies.co.uk/trolleyed/4/index.htm

NEVER buy them indidually from a bike shop!

[Edited on 9-10-2005 by Twinfan]
Old 14-Oct-2005, 05:28
Mille

Mood: I AM looking forward to racing..
Quote:
Originally posted by Scotty Moc
umm ear plugs just seem to fall into my pocket at work even if they are the naff ones on blue plastic string

Yep,working on a lot of RAF bases,there are boxes and boxes of things laying around.

Yep me too, work at a printers..!
Old 14-Oct-2005, 08:29
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by Melnie Mouse
I agree with you, some are quite shocking prices, in Chichester, it ranges between 29p to 90p for one set depending on what you go for.. or you can buy 30 in a bag for 5.99 or 60 for 9.99 so not too bad.

Tell you what I think more annoying though for women, is sanitary wear, why can't we get that on NHS or similar, I mean they give condoms free, and the pill free, and blokes don't have to bury sanitary stuff, so really ear plugs is a small price to pay! humph!
To be honest ive nevered tried getting sanitary towels in my ears dont know a great deal about them either but im sure they have a different use :P
Old 14-Oct-2005, 09:59
500SD

Mood: Not sure
Usually manage to get a years supply of ear plugs while walking round music live at the NEC

Darren
Old 14-Oct-2005, 11:00
500SD

Mood: On top of the world
I got some custom ones at the NEC last year which are great. They certainly never needed adjusting or anything. It can, however, be difficult to get them out when my hands are half frozen after a winter blast.... They stay in my jacket pocket normally so I know where thay are.
Old 14-Oct-2005, 11:44
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Quote:
To be honest ive nevered tried getting sanitary towels in my ears dont know a great deal about them either but im sure they have a different use :P

- I think I need an incontinence pad never mind anything else !!!

We use industrial ear plugs at work - get 'em from Arco:

http://www.arco.co.uk/cgi-bin/arcobv...0100&OID=41095

Sommat like those...

Interestingly our company have just paid for us to have custom made ear plugs built - so a nice man came and squirted some rubber in my ears (well - I think it was rubber - lol). Just got them back last week, so have not had chance to try them yet but they can be built to accepts a jack plug of sorts for if we have to use two-way radios when on plant.

The supplier reckons they can also be used with mobiles / CD players etc - but sadly, only mono - in one ear.

Frank