Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 17-May-2006, 11:47
888 at Last !!!

I've had similar disappointing experiences with GPL as Natty and some good. One was with a birthday present - i'm not going to go into detail (as you know this thread will get pulled anyway).

I don't think you can truely give a balanced approach of somewhere until you've experienced both the good and the bad side of a company.

If you get something wrong as a company - make it right and you can get a customer for life. Expect a customer to PAY for the mess you've made will only force a customer away.

I think it's where you make a telephone order with <enter company name here> and you order <enter item here>. You ask if it will be delivered by <enter date here> and they say yes it will. They have then set your expectation level and if they don't fullfil that then you will be disappointed. This is where GPL have upset people in my opinion. Especially when you could have placed the order elsewhere.
Old 17-May-2006, 11:56
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Having some tinnies and a barbie
I had ordered a model bike for a Crissie prezzie back in November as it was in the catalogue and they would guarantee it would be in time for Christmas.
I got a letter saying it would be in stock in Jan. So I had to arrange another prezzie. From then on I kept getting told a new date. The dates come and went, it is still in their catalogue (RC30)
In the end I cancelled my order.
After six months of ordering, it is still in the catalogue but the woman on the phone couldn't actually give me a date.
If I were to run a business that way, I wouldn't be in it for long!
It's like the billboard-man, "The end is nigh"
We now it is coming, but we just can't tell you when.....