Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 02-Nov-2005, 16:37
Montjuic

MOT test - what a joke that is!!

I had to take the bike for the MOT today. Not only was it raining really hard (sideways?!?) the MOT place is down a partially flooded countrylane. The bike had to go through water about 3 inches deep in places and with leaves everywhere the ride was an absolute slippery nightmare.

Anyway...

Its the first time I have ever taken anything for an MOT. I suppose I was expecting a rigourous examination and the poor bike be virtually taken apart. How wrong was I??

You'll have gathered from other messages that, unlike most of you guys, I know virtually nothing about bikes or mechanics. I can check the oil, lube the chain and that is about it...

I swear that even I could have done the MOT. It consisted of checking that the lights, horn and indicators work, trying to wobble the wheels a couple of times, bounce up and down on it and test the brakes on a rolling road that was at nothing more than walking pace. Oh.. and he wobbled the tax disc holder a few times. What was that all about? he didn't check the emissions or how loud the exhaust was.

That was it. That'll be £23.80 please sir.

The whole thing took perhaps 3 minutes?? Not bad money for three minutes work.

What a joke..

So.. I took my new MOT certificate and headed out into the monsoon rain for my lethal ride home...!

Was that a normal MOT??

Dunks