Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 09-Oct-2006, 09:12
Ducati Corse

K RR Team quick Cadwell report

Firstly a big thanks to all who made this a great weekend.

Big thanks to Tim 'Otei' for taking the 'driving seat' on bike 36 and getting:
Sat: 3rd & a DNF - or was that a mouthfull of grass?
Sun: 6th & 5th

big thanks chap for making a debut ride on the Tango - and for giving AK something to do to one of our own bikes for a change its not easy battling away on a different bike each time, particularly when most of the others have had a few rounds or so to get used to theirs

Big thumbs up tp Bones who managed a personal best in getting a top 10 finish - & also getting a few scalps along the way you rode like a man possessed

Lovely to see so many DSC'ers popping in & out of the gazebo over the weekend - and to find we were a 'semi - detached' eh Dickie?

and to cap off the weekend nicely.................................

Finally - a huge thanks to the lovely AA man who eventually picked us up off the A1m after a 2+ hour wait in the pitch dark on the hard shoulder - & then seeing us safely off his lorry just after 1.15 this morning.
Hey-ho - means AK has more fettling to do in getting the van sorted before the Brands meeting this weekend

Last edited by CK : 09-Oct-2006 at 09:17.
Old 09-Oct-2006, 09:30
500SD

Blimey mrs c

I tend to keep my fingers crossed everytime i drive my van now and so far it's worked!!!!!

Did you have plenty of fags left whilst waiting

Cracking w/end and tim rode #36 very well indeed

All the best for you all at brands this coming w/end

kyle
Old 09-Oct-2006, 09:36
Ducati Corse

Budgie - I did indeed have enough ciggys for the long wait - was a girl guide in a previous life, so being prepared is usually at the top of the list

As some of you know, we had a problem with the charging before we left cadwell, but thought this had sorted itself.
Unfortunately, after a '3 van tea stop' on the A1 at Costerton, the problem showed up again and despite AK resorting to sidelights etc for much of the time we eventually conked out right by junction 9.
Seems a alternator & battery will sort it (we hope)

Well, at least the AA card came in handy - well worth the annual fee, as getting home a 3500weight lwb van would not have been cheap on a Sunday night

Good to catch up with you again budgie man
Old 09-Oct-2006, 09:40
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Hiya, we saw the missed called on Julie's mobile at home, I'm sorry we did not help
Old 09-Oct-2006, 09:41
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Sorry to hear about the van, what a pain!

Nice results though, I wonder what will happen when shampoo boy rides the same bike for more than one meeting ... we've had a season of two halves! I rode three different bikes in the first three rounds and he's done it at the tail end of the season!

Congrats on another great DD season
Old 09-Oct-2006, 10:27
Mille

Mood: Got a life and have no agenda!!
Glad to hear you got home in the end. I bet it was a long two hours though.

Thanks for your hospitality this weekend and congratulayions to your boys for putting on a good show.

See you at Brands.
Old 09-Oct-2006, 10:37
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK
Firstly a big thanks to all who made this a great weekend.

Big thanks to Tim 'Otei' for taking the 'driving seat' on bike 36 and getting:
Sat: 3rd & a DNF - or was that a mouthfull of grass?
Sun: 6th & 5th

big thanks chap for making a debut ride on the Tango - and for giving AK something to do to one of our own bikes for a change its not easy battling away on a different bike each time, particularly when most of the others have had a few rounds or so to get used to theirs

Big thumbs up tp Bones who managed a personal best in getting a top 10 finish - & also getting a few scalps along the way you rode like a man possessed

Lovely to see so many DSC'ers popping in & out of the gazebo over the weekend - and to find we were a 'semi - detached' eh Dickie?

and to cap off the weekend nicely.................................

Finally - a huge thanks to the lovely AA man who eventually picked us up off the A1m after a 2+ hour wait in the pitch dark on the hard shoulder - & then seeing us safely off his lorry just after 1.15 this morning.
Hey-ho - means AK has more fettling to do in getting the van sorted before the Brands meeting this weekend

Sorry to hear about the delay getting home - all Ok now I hope? Congrats on a great year and thanks for all your help across the year.

See you at the D&D for a celebratory drink :hic:

Tim
Old 09-Oct-2006, 13:06
Ducati Corse

Van being fixed as I type (AK looking rather black & grubby, and grumbling that he'd rather have a bashed or non running race bike any day as he doesnt like lying on the tarmac )

Prob have to catch up later in the year Timoffy
Old 09-Oct-2006, 16:14
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Haven't really got time to say what I want to say, that'll be contained in my end of season mega ramble of a race report....when I get round to doing it.

Briefly though...

Huge thanks to Alan and Charlotte,two true solid paddock foundations. I've enjoyed each of my DD forays, but this one topped them all due to the team and their attitude, nothing to do with the results, which frankly, might have been better.

Apologies for hitting the eject button in race 2, you certainly know when you've been tango'd. There was me on the phone to you "I've done a million laps this year and not fallen off, blah blah!!"...bounce,oof!,ouch.

Thanks to Domski for getting me involved in the series, and Phil for being generous enough to trust me at the offset with his bike.

Thanks to the very wonderful Sir Richard of Thirkettle who was also a gent and trusted me with his big red throbbing monster.

I also want to say how pleased I am to have been accepted/put up with by the rest of the guys in the series so quickly. you're all an appalling judge of character and I'll be showing my true, sickening colours next year if I get the chance.

If I didn't mention anyone, that's because you aint **** to me anyhow! ...just kiddin....love you all.....yes, even you Spagbola!

That's all for now.

Cheers
Old 09-Oct-2006, 16:17
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
You don't love me then. Right, I'll hate you too

Was good meeting you mate, hope you'll have a regular ride (I mean a bike for the season in case my words are not well used) next season.

Cheers
Tonio.

(give him a bike, the fella even overtook me on a Dax showing me 2 fingers )