Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-Sep-2004, 23:13
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
im in st austell,slap bang in the middle of cornwall

how come your in london now, job or uni??? nah cant be a student with a 748 especially not a tight cornish student

dave
Old 24-Sep-2004, 09:28
500SD

Bought my 748s from On Yer Bike (Ducati Aylesbury) in September 2002.

Really bought from them for the 0% deal, it struck me that they shipped bikes in such volume that they were struggling to keep their relationship with you/your bike personal.

The result is that I have had all of my servicing work (and the warranty rebuild) done by Riveside at Northampton. Helpful Personal and well priced servicing (if Ducati Servicing is ever well priced)
Old 24-Sep-2004, 09:45
DSC Club Rep
Big Twin
Bikes: 848

I bought my 'previuos owner' 996 from them many years ago, and found them to be very friendly, courteous, and the price was right (well, guess they would be as i was buying!!) All was well with the bike and i cant fault their sales team.

All my servicing done elsewhere though...
Old 24-Sep-2004, 23:50
Mille
Bikes: 749R

Mood: i'm in love... with cider at the moment
deej,

i got my 748s new from OYB three years ago and have had it serviced regularly with them.

the price was right from the off and although a little on the pricey side, the servicing has always been top notch.

my only gripe was with the last service, they took a day and a half longer to complete the work than was quoted (there were a few little niggles with the bike though), i wonder if it's now time for me to jump ship and try somewhere else... that said, they did loan me a machine for the time my bike was with them (i'm not sure if this is common practise), and they contstantly called me to explain what was going on...

all in all i've been pretty happy with their work. there was a dodgy relay and battery early on which they replaced with the minimum of fuss, but i guess as their popularity has increased, they are struggling to maintain their personal and professional approach. shame really...

if they've got the bike you want, buy it and ask then to cut you a deal on the next service and make your mind up from there...

magpie.