Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 28-Dec-2004, 22:02
Big Twin

Mood: happy
eprom

could someone please let me know how much an eprom would cost on a 996r for the 50mm termis. i presume it is this which needs changing? also are they available?

adam

[Edited on 28-12-2004 by adam]
Old 28-Dec-2004, 22:42
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

A 996R uses a Weber-Marelli IAW 5.9M ECU. Unlike previous computers this one does not have a Eprom that is replaceable. The whole ECU needs to be replaced (read more expensive.)

Check-out the programmable UltiMap U59 ECU at:

http://www.fuelinmoto.com.au/
Old 28-Dec-2004, 23:44
Big Twin

rough price of ECU and 50mm carbon cans

adam
Old 29-Dec-2004, 00:33
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
£1000 or so!!
The ECU alone will set you back £680 if I remember.
If it's out of warranty, then a power commander is the most cost effective method.
The R should have come with a set of Termis tho, and the DP ECU................
Old 29-Dec-2004, 10:14
Big Twin

cheers guys, ive just been talking to the dealer in bristol and he tells me the bike was imported from japan minus the termis. he said it is now uk spec with V5 ect, and he will purchase the termis and ecu if thats what the new buyer wishes.
Am i right to be a little worried about this import? He did say it came with 12 months warranty, and that any vat reg workshop could do any warranty work, this is the bit that worries me. Is he correct.

adam
Old 29-Dec-2004, 10:28
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
Depends who the warranty is with. A 996R isn't going to be a new bike so will be out of the pukka Ducati warranty period, so the warranty he's giving with the bike will be a "traders" type.
IMO, a lot of these aren't worth the paper they're written on. Maximum claim limits, this isn't covered, that isn't covered etc. I'd ask to see the warranty and be allowed to read it thoroughly beforehand.
The other thing I'd consider is resale on a Jap import. The R is a very special bike and generally buyers reasearch the history etc. in detail. Is this bike enough of a "bargain" to run into not being able to sell it without losing a lot of money in the future?? Dealers won't give a lot for them either........
A genuine UK bike might cost a little more, but will sell on easier and for less of a loss?
Old 29-Dec-2004, 10:36
Big Twin

understand all you are saying nelly, he said it has unlimited mileage warranty an parts and labour, unless he comes down in price quite a bit then i am going to leave alone.

thanks nelly

Rattler is selling his, which he previously bought from me, so i know its a spot on bike.

anyone after a KTM 450exc enduro bike 2004 model?