Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 18-Aug-2003, 20:21
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
Clutch Slave - Worth checking out

Well after getting though 3 clutch slaves in as many months i reckon the problem has been found. ok so i have done about 6k in 5 months on it but this was ridiculous. My 95 916 was destroying slaves at an alarming rate and often sticking in the engaged position by pulling the cylinder on a slight angle.
Problem was the clutch center, what was happening was the bearing was knackered on the clutch cover plate so when you pulled the clutch in the pushrod spun up also thus forcing the plunger in the slave to twist more than it should.
So next time your slave goes west it may be an idea to check the clutch center for a shot bearing and same all that premature wear.
May be of help to someone i hope, and i now feel alot more trustworthy of the ducati and missing the blade less and less with each trouble free mile.
Old 18-Aug-2003, 20:26
Mille

Mood: like a fresh jelly: Not Set
Amen Paul.
Happy riding mate.

Cheers,

S/
Old 18-Aug-2003, 21:15

There are also needle bearings in the end of the output shaft on the clutch side that should be inspected periodically. They are behind the small oil seal that the pushrod goes through. Worth checking out when you service the clutch pack. If they go bad they can cause erratic clutch operation.