Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 12-Jun-2006, 10:44
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Phil's 583 season so far.!

6 x WINS
1 x 2nd

Castle coombe BEST race of the season so far for me.......

race 1......battled with skids and andy roberts and gods knows how many 620's..fought back in the last lap from 4th behind skids and andy ( AND two 620's between andy and skids ) to snatch 2nd from Andy by 200th of a second....1st to Paul and i could not be happier for him....

race 2.......lead for 5 laps getting slowed up on the brakes in every corner..allowing Roberts to close the gap...we changed the lead every lap 3 or 4 times and bashed bodywork in a "friendly" way...last lap took an inside line and got decent drive outa camp corner on the inside of a back marker to take the WIN....Paul got the second as he followed me through the " gap " i had created..LOL..3rd to Andy as he chose the outside line....back markers comming outa the final chicane on the final lap..NOT ideal..lol
Fantastic racing in the 583 class lads.....

well done Paul im very pleased for you m8........did you think race 2 was gonna be easy.....hehehehe......Andy, brilliant racing with you in race 2 felt safe and comfortable even if you did try and bash me outa the way..LOL...

often we ( 583) get forgotten/missed as we are battling for our podium places 10 places back in the field on a combined grid........but the racing for us was brilliant..

Well done to all that raced............

Thanks to Kelly and Tim for the support all weekend. Without them the racing aint the same.

Phil
Old 12-Jun-2006, 10:49
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
Well done Phil, great racing from the top of the pack as usual
Old 12-Jun-2006, 10:49
Ducati Corse

Good report Phil - sounds like you sorted the problem we talked about on Thursday evening - excellent
Old 12-Jun-2006, 10:52
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Great racing Phil - you were not well at all and fought very hard for your top results.

Tim
Old 12-Jun-2006, 11:06
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Well done Phil. Another great weekend - on and off the track

I think you should seriously think about staying in 583 next season, there are too many people in 620 as it is

Old 12-Jun-2006, 11:34
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
Well done Phil. Another great weekend - on and off the track

I think you should seriously think about staying in 583 next season, there are too many people in 620 as it is

dont worry m8..2007 620 looks highly unlikely for me...u can stay in the spot light........hehehehe
Old 12-Jun-2006, 11:47
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

I don't want to be in the spotlight - just want to win the races and hide

Old 12-Jun-2006, 12:04
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Really enjoyed that first race, think I was getting a bit ahead of myself when on the final lap while in 3rd I took a wide entry into Tower hoping to cut back and get the throttle on early to try and beat Andy to the Bobbies chicane, only to find my Apex had become a Yellow 583 wearing a number 2 plate, which relegated me to 4th, this how ever gave me a real good view of Phil out dragging Andy to the line. Well Ridden Phil I still need to find that little something to try and stay ahead of you every now and then.

Sadly in race two from my 4th Row start I had a couple of 620s blast past me one of which I spent the whole race trying to find my past, and with the defensive riding tactics over the last lap and a half there was noway I could get my Class B bike past him.
Still Lap times dropped to very low 1m 28s before creeping back up at the end when the defencsive riding started, a real disadvantage of mixed grids.

Great to See Paul take a Win (along with my rear wheel)
Gutted for Griff who was unbelievably quick in quallifying

Lookforward to mixing it with you all again at Oulton

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 12-Jun-2006, 12:11
Mille

Angry I Woz Robbed

race 2.......lead for 5 laps....

Phil[/quote]

Ahem..........According to the HS Sports official "New Era Race Results" timesheets (Thanks Dom!) you led for the first THREE laps and then I led for laps 4 to 7 (inclusive!!!) and then I WOZ ROBBED ON THE LINE!!!!
The timesheets also reveal the mobile chicane win-robbing culpret as ONE MAX GIDLEY....thenks mate...I won't hold it against you....but won't be so gentlemanly in future!

Great racing with you Fil, all the same...well done mate....BUT YOU'RE BEATABLE!

Andy #99
Old 12-Jun-2006, 12:25
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy#99
race 2.......lead for 5 laps....

Phil

[/quote]Ahem..........According to the HS Sports official "New Era Race Results" timesheets (Thanks Dom!) you led for the first THREE laps and then I led for laps 4 to 7 (inclusive!!!) and then I WOZ ROBBED ON THE LINE!!!!
The timesheets also reveal the mobile chicane win-robbing culpret as ONE MAX GIDLEY....thenks mate...I won't hold it against you....but won't be so gentlemanly in future!

Great racing with you Fil, all the same...well done mate....BUT YOU'RE BEATABLE!

Andy #99
.[/quote]

LMAO....i stand corrected ..mine was a report written from memory no checking with official stats..LOL................

U cant blame MAX..!!! i had the drive on you, i almost ploughed into the back of you comming out of the last chicane.............LOL.....the WIN was mine !! like the borg " resistance is futile "...

Of course i am BEATABLE ........... Paul Payne trounced me in race 1..

U gentlemanly........NOW thats funny...next time you push im gonna push back.........hehehe

nice race andy

Phil