Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-Sep-2005, 11:31
Mille

itexuk my throttle is smooth when you are getting on the gas at higher rpms but not low/mid just really jerky. took a 999 for a spin and that was super smooth everywhere
Old 25-Sep-2005, 11:43
Mille

now that you say it he did mention cam timing with the ecu mod (wasn't really listening, brain was in shock at ecu price). doesn't mention throttle bodies though. looks like thats the problem.
thanks for your help now i'm armed i'll phone ducati tomorrow
Old 26-Sep-2005, 21:35

Mood: Up Beat
new to all this forum stuff, however, i have just had that very same problem sorted, all be it on a '03 uk bike! apparently its a defect with the cam timing that effects 749 'S' model only, and 999bp's where they just cut out at ramdom intervals, but mainly just as it gets to idle after the wind down!
mine was sorted out within 2 hours and has behaved itself since with not a hint of that embbarrassing cutting out at juctions!!
Old 27-Sep-2005, 12:31
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Yep, it's a cam timing thing. Mine was sorted with a setup, but the problem has come back when I had Termis fitted. It's going to get checked over at some point, and I suspect the idle needs raising slightly as I can't see that the cam timing has "moved".
Old 27-Sep-2005, 16:04
Mille

yep, thats definately the problem. phoned italia and they said same thing, low speed running. they also said as it was not a dealer bike they couldn't do it as ducati would not pay them for it and i couldnt get round it by having it PDI'ed as the bike is a year old
so i phoned Ducati uk and....there is a god....the importer had regisistered it with Ducati before it was sold so it can be done FOC
Old 27-Sep-2005, 16:35
Big Twin

Now THAT'S what I call lucky!
Old 27-Sep-2005, 17:34
Mille

you're not wrong there. i'm trying to justify in my head why i must have some termi's then i'm told i need to spend around the same money on the cam timing/ecu.

1 happy bunny