Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 07-Oct-2009, 13:01
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
Talking Best year of my Life.... So far.

I'd like to say that 2009 has been the best year I have ever had, Racing is fantastic! I wish I had done it years ago.

It all Started when I picked up a small free book called 'Riders Digest' when I was having a nice big fried breakfast one morning. Who could guess that such a small thing could change your life so much and so quickly, I was drawn to an article written by a WOMAN! About her Racing career, her bike and the championship that she was racing in, of course it was Harriot and the Desmo Due championship!

I decided to go along and take a look at one of the races at my local circuit, Brands Hatch and while I was there made up my mind immediately that I was going to do it, I bought a bike there and then from Mark Bailey went home and told my wife that I was going to race motorcycles and showed her the one that I had bought.

I phoned Chris Bushell, joined all the necessary clubs and got my ACU licence, I also realised that at 18 stone I would need to loose some weight so for the first time in my life I went on a diet and lost 4 stone which has its self made a huge difference to my life.

A massive Thank you to Andy Sheppard for the Novice Cup and the prize, that I won. and thanks Harriot, Riders Digest and of course everybody who has made me feel welcomed, and everyone who has helped me this year especially after I fell off at Snetterton (and at Castle Combe on my 916) and also to Sam and his family who have made me cups of tea, fantastic little cakes and stopped me from freezing to death at Pembrey.

See you all next year for more of the same when hopefully I might win a race! Maybe even the championship!

Matt #72 Lawson
Old 07-Oct-2009, 20:57
GTL

Mood: Been Testing the 3 P's (Pizza, Pasta, & PERONI!)
Thumbs up Well Done !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat2hew
I'd like to say that 2009 has been the best year I have ever had, Racing is fantastic! I wish I had done it years ago.

It all Started when I picked up a small free book called 'Riders Digest' when I was having a nice big fried breakfast one morning. Who could guess that such a small thing could change your life so much and so quickly, I was drawn to an article written by a WOMAN! About her Racing career, her bike and the championship that she was racing in, of course it was Harriot and the Desmo Due championship!

I decided to go along and take a look at one of the races at my local circuit, Brands Hatch and while I was there made up my mind immediately that I was going to do it, I bought a bike there and then from Mark Bailey went home and told my wife that I was going to race motorcycles and showed her the one that I had bought.

I phoned Chris Bushell, joined all the necessary clubs and got my ACU licence, I also realised that at 18 stone I would need to loose some weight so for the first time in my life I went on a diet and lost 4 stone which has its self made a huge difference to my life.

A massive Thank you to Andy Sheppard for the Novice Cup and the prize, that I won. and thanks Harriot, Riders Digest and of course everybody who has made me feel welcomed, and everyone who has helped me this year especially after I fell off at Snetterton (and at Castle Combe on my 916) and also to Sam and his family who have made me cups of tea, fantastic little cakes and stopped me from freezing to death at Pembrey.

See you all next year for more of the same when hopefully I might win a race! Maybe even the championship!

Matt #72 Lawson

Nice One Matt, and well done with the 5th in the Championship in your rookie season !

Must call you soon (maybe tomorrow) regarding that box of bits !!!
I need to get a replacement car sorted out as well before I can collect !! DOH !!!!
MarkO
Old 07-Oct-2009, 22:43
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
I know what you mean Matt, well done and hopfully see you again next year.

Craig
Old 08-Oct-2009, 22:29
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Some impressive rides this year Matt, I'm guessing we'll see more of the same next year.
Old 08-Oct-2009, 23:09
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Nice one Matt. Glad that spindle helped you go the right way!

This is exactly what one of the original aims of the series was all about, way back in 2004/5.

See you next year.

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer