Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-Mar-2010, 10:16
500SD
Bikes: 899

Mood: Optomistic
Can't believe the weather today but hey ho! Big thanks to Pete B & Nick for trusting me on their race bike, I was a bit achey as I don't think my legs are supposed to do that. Need to go again as I could not see too much and it would be great to do the circuit in better conditions.Great effort by everyone in the garage with trying to sort out problems.
Old 21-Mar-2010, 20:36
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
It was great to have my first time back out on track with some good mates yesterday, shame about the weather too epsecially with it being so nice today????

Good to catch up again and see some new faces too.

Thanks to Trudy for the truely professional canteen and catering facilities.

Had a laugh on track with the 848 running 2CT's amongst the fast guys using full wets, even managed to tag onto a guy on a fireplace the 848 was a good match for it. Rain expert Kev Parmer shown me a clean pair of heals on his 996 though and Tom Parkes looked freezing struggling round with the DD bike on the newer tyres which shows they work in the wet.

Andy

ps, spent most of today cleaning the bike

filthy bike
clean bike

Last edited by andys 900ss : 21-Mar-2010 at 21:13.
Old 22-Mar-2010, 00:26
500SD

Think its going to be a good circuit when its done and finished. Once some of the standing water ( or mud) had cleared it was not too bad. Just pity there was so much water.

Hope its allsorted for when we go back there.

Mark.
Old 22-Mar-2010, 11:24
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Maybe racing at Mallory yesterday would have been a better option, I see the Sound of Thunder times were in 5 hundreths (0.05) of a second of when we were there last June so weather and track must have been half decent

Also noticed the fastest Maxxis time was good for about 8th place in a Class B Desmo Due Race under last years rules, dispite the extra power, cc & tyre warmers.
Those old H-rated Diablos can't be that bad,

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 23-Mar-2010, 14:54
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Maybe racing at Mallory yesterday would have been a better option, I see the Sound of Thunder times were in 5 hundreths (0.05) of a second of when we were there last June so weather and track must have been half decent

Also noticed the fastest Maxxis time was good for about 8th place in a Class B Desmo Due Race under last years rules, dispite the extra power, cc & tyre warmers.
Those old H-rated Diablos can't be that bad,

Well far from being a step forward it looks as if this much vaunted series is a bit of a step backwards.

I would think that a well handled Desmo Due bike will eat them alive at Silverstone, especially with the new Rosso tyres. I think we can probaly manage more than 3 DD boys on Pirelli's to show them the way home - any takers?

Chris
Old 23-Mar-2010, 17:23
Mille

You are such a narrow minded ****er Bushell. Wait and see is all I say. And when YOU can ride a bike of any description around a track maybe you'll have the right to criticise.
Old 23-Mar-2010, 17:38
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Angry

Can you 2 **** off and start your own thread and stop wrecking this one please

Hants - Meet Popham Airfield every 2nd Sunday of the Month @ 1pm

Ducati Snells of Alton : >>
848 Corse SE Evoluzione 2 : >>
Dementor Site :>>
Sponsor of DD Riders
Old 23-Mar-2010, 18:15
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I hear from PeteB that they found the fault with Phil the Drills 999 which was traced to a chaffed wire where the loom comes into the battery box area, bet Phils happier that it happened at Silverstone and not the Nurburgring.

My 998R is back to normal now that it is dried out so pin pointing the actual fault isn't going to be easy so will go for the prevention is better than the cure aproach.

Sunday was such a contrast to Saturday waking up to brite sunshine so I thought how can I bitch about the Silverstone weather without making the most of Sundays dry conditions.

Normally that would mean taking the bike for a bl00dy good spin, but I refrained and instead stripped the DD bike, removed the old 2002 5-speed engine (Yes I know it only had one speed in my hands and that was Slow speed ) and replace it with the later engine I bought off Dave Ainscough, by tea time I had it all back together including the addition of a Alloy arm and a new chain and if it wasn't for a lack of Silkolene Comp4 I would have had it running.

Just picked up 4 litres of Comp4 from MPS Express on the way home, they gave me my 10% DSC discount reducing the price to £26.99 so after some dinner I'll be putting it in the bike and get her running.

Then I can carry on with the rest of the list of things to do, no Panic !! still have 10 days to Race Day

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 23-Mar-2010, 18:34
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
I hear from PeteB that they found the fault with Phil the Drills 999 which was traced to a chaffed wire where the loom comes into the battery box area, bet Phils happier that it happened at Silverstone and not the Nurburgring.

Yep, Peteb was round Phil's at the crack of dawn on Sunday with his soldering iron what this club is all about Phil then had to get a new starter soleniod on Monday as the old one was a bit tired and grown a furry beard

Haven't heard if that sorted it though!?

As you say totally different weather Sunday and the 272 beckoned so it would have been rude not to, especially having spent 2 hours cleaning half of Silverstone off the bike

Unfortunately Phil won't be going to Germany with us this year Kev, something about his Brother's wedding that weekend........poor excuse

Hants - Meet Popham Airfield every 2nd Sunday of the Month @ 1pm

Ducati Snells of Alton : >>
848 Corse SE Evoluzione 2 : >>
Dementor Site :>>
Sponsor of DD Riders
Old 23-Mar-2010, 21:54
Mille
Bikes: 999 bip zx6r DD

Just finished puting the bike back together, a big thanks to PeteB for pointing me in the right direction - starts fine now.